//ArrowChat Code
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: National 3 wheeler TT race Ashtabula

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    That 3rd place ride of "Xrider" Matt Roby in the vinatge class, was done on a 1st gen 200x amidst a sea of 250cc 2 strokes..THAT was a STELLAR performance!

And for the record...I did not win 1st place on the mod 70.
    What an honor and a privilege to get passed by Matt Robi! After he blew by, that gap just kept growing! Matt originally signed up for Open Class with his 250R, but it crapped out in practice so he got switched and pulled out his trusty "spare". Wow!

When Flyin' Brian steals your identity for Mod 70 Class, its a GOOD thing!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by atc007 View Post
    Just One more THANK YOU. To EVERY single one of you who represented us all. Obviously,,a VERY Special Thanx To Tim,and the OTC. I know I've beat this drum pretty hard,thanking you guys. But this is near and dear to my heart. The competition part of our sport. And to see it trying to get a pulse again,{ I think maybe it sounds like it does!!? } Is absolutely amazing to me. How I wish I could have been out there with you guys. THANK YOU.
    I can speak with experience that when guys are busting their butts to make something happen, and feeling like their efforts are unappreciated, that a handful of "thank you's" never go unnoticed, and make all the difference in the world. For those who did not get the chance to thank Bud Fischer personally, I would suggest you go to the Fischer Cycles facebook page and totally plaster it with gratitude! http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fis...62809800412104

Speaking of gratitude, I know of a couple who hauled this really nice looking Tri-Z out there, and used this event to promote the sale of rafflle tickets on it, entering it in a show and shine contest, and displaying it all evening on the dance floor at Sat. evening's Pine Lake party and Miss Pine Lake contest. If that wasn't committment enough to promote this trike, the better half (by far) of this couple entered and won 1st runner up in the Miss Pine Lake contest (congratulations!) just to promote this trike raffle! I hope all of those involved in a raffle trike have conveyed their gratitude, as it would appear that this raffle trike will probably be viewed by thousands in the Cycles R Us tent at the OTC Race on July 31 at Medina, Co. Fair.
    Last edited by TimSr; 07-23-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    Mr Meadows putting a finishing touch on the 2013 raffle trike!

Last edited by Mosh; 07-23-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Much like the phrase "theres no I in TEAM" you can't spell the word ME in ThreeWheeler...but you can spell WE and follow it with the phrase did it together. Every aspect of this Epic National event was evident to the effort given to make each 3wheeler cross the checkers, after all these years. I couldn't help the warm feelings I had as the sunset and the last poof of dust settled over a quiet track. The rumbling gravel under the tires as I left the track was hypnotic, reflecting to some old and new found friends...WE did it! We really did it...I live 1hr away and spent the entire 90's going to help friends race Quads. I couldn't make the transition to run the ultimate TT track in the Country because we were left behind. Words like Diehard 3wheeler guy used to be hateful back then. Many looked at 3wheeler guys as 2nd class or hillbilly poor men, withno skills. This last weekend I over heard some quad guy talking to a Vintage class rider. The word DieHard cought my ear...This time it came from respect and apprecation for keeping these things ALIVE!
    Sr I can say enough thanks to you and the Fisher's for pulling this off. TPC's Bill and Kimmey for bringing an element to the race which fit perfectly. Jackie and his family for sharing in a very personal weekend. ALL THE RACERS...quad racers too! I guess another word that can be spelled and express my day today WEEEEE!

--
    Jackie is one heck of a guy one of my greatest buddys the nicest people in the world him and his family anybody ever down in the south look us up Jackie throws a leg over anything with handle bars and wheels you guys should have seen some of the jumps he was doing on the tpc getting ready for this race
    85 Atc 70
    86 Atc 125m
    85 atc 350x
    86 atc 250r
    86 Atc 250r TT build
    85 Big Red bought brand NEW
    2012 Honda Goldwing Gl1800

--
    Had to great time! Track was very different from morning to evening. It had a life of its own and changed throughout the day.

Meeting Meadows was a highlight in my lifetime, what a wicked and down to earth guy. Loves 3 wheelers!

Too bad I spun out on the 2nd or 3rd lap or so.
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    Here is my very very hard earned prize from Pine Lake!! Weeks of working on the new Tri Z. Thanks Garageboy34 for that motor and Raffa Racing who's phone I blow up daily, thanks Bryan. I definitely had to fight very hard for this 5th place finish plaque in the vintage class. Kept pushing myself and caught a break to pass a few more very talented and experienced riders to get my hands on it. I could not even take my gloves off after 10 laps there!! Great racing.....the Tri Z felt great!

Thanks again to all who made this dream race happen for the 3 wheeled community. Hope to do it again soon...... Go Team Tri Z......
    Last edited by CRAZY70MAN; 07-24-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    HEY YOU WORM PICKERS..QUIT PICKIN' MY WORMS!
    Owner of the world' widest atc plow
    Builder of 3 wheeler accessories such as Big Red suspension sidecars,Big red's with full roofs, 3 wheeler elevators, and NOS powered 2 speed tri zingers

"Hold my beer.......watch this sh@# !!!!!!

--
    That is very cool and congrats. I hope they invite trikes back next year because I am for sure gonna try and make it. I'll be bringing up the rear but what an honor to be able to participate in such an event.

--
    Congrats to all who raced.Those plaques look very nice.Would look really good in the living room.

--
    Hey guys, Fabio and I truly wanted to go. But number 1 - I have a cracked sternham SP?? or a couple rib issues but I can't breathe in deep and sneezing is painful as hell.

Regardless, We probably would have drove down just to watch!! But only so much time can be missed by John as he holds certain credentials and we laughed that we were both basically packed

Just too close to Trike Fest.

Sounds like you guys had a drop jaw weekend meeting some of those guys; Thats just awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Blog Entries
    what more do I have to say than it was the best! came home with 6th place and i passed a load of people to get there! some 2 times!!!"Jason Hall".....never race against the guy who does your port work!

Congrats to Pistol Pete on the 1st place In Vintage on my #2 bike! What a Battle with Tim Kiester!!!! in 2nd place.! Nice Job NYTRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and I met Jackie's Mom! LOL!! she's a sweetie!

keep a eye out for a signed beer cup from Jackie from the free Keg party pine lake threw... on sat night .. on e bay... still half full of Beer from this monumental event! Tim Kiester has authentic pictures to back this up! #111! GIT IT RAGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1342962057134.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	151190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1342970321937.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	151191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1342868915524.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	151192   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0902.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	262.5 KB 
ID:	151193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0906.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	151194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0892.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	253.5 KB 
ID:	151195  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	258.3 KB 
ID:	151196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0904.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	151197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0903.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	151198  
    Last edited by Bryan Raffa; 07-23-2012 at 11:41 PM.

--
    just wondering if Erick Dubb, and Brian Crossway are 3ww members, and if so what are the forum names?? we are practically neibors in the sceme of things, only reason i'm asking!! always nice to put a name with a name, and a location. Looks like it was quite the event. hopefully it grows positively larger next yr for the 3 wheeled classes. i know reading all the posts has got my interest piqued!!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by aldochina View Post
    just wondering if Erick Dubb, and Brian Crossway are 3ww members, and if so what are the forum names?? we are practically neibors in the sceme of things, only reason i'm asking!! always nice to put a name with a name, and a location. Looks like it was quite the event. hopefully it grows positively larger next yr for the 3 wheeled classes. i know reading all the posts has got my interest piqued!!
    I was talking with one of them guys(brian I think) he was saying that an oval track down that way is running trikes every friday starting this friday.he wasn't an active member btw.

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    It was a great time and overall some good clean racing. I was stoked to score a 3rd Place finish in the Vintage class on my first gen 200x. Looking forward to next year!

xrider is offline Got The Holeshot Arm chair racerJust too addicted
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosh View Post
    That 3rd place ride of "Xrider" Matt Roby in the vinatge class, was done on a 1st gen 200x amidst a sea of 250cc 2 strokes..THAT was a STELLAR performance!
    Quote Originally Posted by TimSr View Post
    What an honor and a privilege to get passed by Matt Robi! After he blew by, that gap just kept growing! Matt originally signed up for Open Class with his 250R, but it crapped out in practice so he got switched and pulled out his trusty "spare". Wow!
    Thanks guys. If felt good to place on the 200x after having issues with the 250r.
    Last edited by xrider; 07-24-2012 at 07:28 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //