Enjoying the view out my hotel window. Need to quit booking cheap hotels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 16679300423151993817520.jpg  

--
    I voted today.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    Quote Originally Posted by stoshu View Post
    Playing with my new heated gloves in preparation for an early morning start across the desert.

I quit using booking.com because unbeknownst to me the last trip we took there were 2 hotels we stayed in where one was a Motel 6 in Fresno that the city housed all the nearby homeless and drug addicted folks at........and another in Oregon where social services housed battered women and children at. The battered women and children's place was just sad and the other was down right dangerous. Nothing on the reviews… like booking.com was hiding it.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by stoshu View Post
    Haha! New York New York? I can’t tell for sure.

Wife booked us at Planet Hollywood for Christmas, but I’m starting to get a taste for the Aria. It’s easy to get used to that place.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Playing with my new heated gloves in preparation for an early morning start across the desert.

I quit using booking.com because unbeknownst to me the last trip we took there were 2 hotels we stayed in where one was a Motel 6 in Fresno that the city housed all the nearby homeless and drug addicted folks at........and another in Oregon where social services housed battered women and children at. The battered women and children's place was just sad and the other was down right dangerous. Nothing on the reviews… like booking.com was hiding it.
    Those places get a cut of between 15-30% of the price of the room, so the hotel owners actually raise the price of the room on Booking in order to make up the difference. I found this out when adding a couple days to my reservation at one hotel after booking online using Booking.com and the rooms were suddenly $30 cheaper a night even though I added a weekend night, which is typically more expensive than a week night. The hotel owner explained this to me and told me to call the hotel instead of going through Booking because it would be cheaper and also the room availability was more than what was shown online. If they didn't do this, they would lose money using online booking sites.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by ironchop View Post
    Those places get a cut of between 15-30% of the price of the room, so the hotel owners actually raise the price of the room on Booking in order to make up the difference. I found this out when adding a couple days to my reservation at one hotel after booking online using Booking.com and the rooms were suddenly $30 cheaper a night even though I added a weekend night, which is typically more expensive than a week night. The hotel owner explained this to me and told me to call the hotel instead of going through Booking because it would be cheaper and also the room availability was more than what was shown online. If they didn't do this, they would lose money using online booking sites.
    Thanks for the info.

Another thing I learned on that trip...... where we booked 9 hotel rooms through Booking.com is never assumed that even if you have a confirmation number from them you got a room....... Because I found out the hard way you don't. Nothing's worse than being exhausted after a 500 or 600 mile day only to get to the hotel and for them to tell you they have no confirmation of you there. I learned to call the day before just to make sure after that little episode

--
    Told my work to shove it a while ago as I was tired of doing 7 people's job. Ended up going back to work for the guy that I worked under when I started at said excavating company. Been working on the road with him for about a month now, hogging dirt and laying pipe. Life isn't all that bad. It's been a good mental re charge for me. Now I've got a week off. And I came home to a new blue tick coonhound my wife adopted from the kill kennel.

--
    ^Hey 90, just seeing the words "Blue Tick Coonhound" brought many memories of my old "Black & Tan" I had in the 80's. Great times in the woods chasing ring tails at night. Hope you have understanding neighbors, lol.

Me and the Mrs are just coming off a bout of the 'Vid" for a week. More annoying than anything. Tired of sitting on my azz, I forced myself to go hunting for a couple of hours yesterday. It was chilly (~3 F) and I was gassed after walking less than 2 miles in 6" of snow which is nothing for me usually. Thought about going out again today but visibility is low as we're supposed to get another 4".
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    I had a basset hound for 12 years, so they have heard the bellowing . And actually, my neighbors dislike me for other reasons, but they started it! Opening day of gun season was today, white tail, got a surprise snow flurry, hung out with my dad and some buddies for a while. Now I'm trying to gain my new dogs trust. It's going to be a real job. Poor thing is about 25# under weight and must have been beat to a pulp from wherever it came from

--
    Quote Originally Posted by 90nut View Post
    I had a basset hound for 12 years, so they have heard the bellowing . And actually, my neighbors dislike me for other reasons, but they started it! Opening day of gun season was today, white tail, got a surprise snow flurry, hung out with my dad and some buddies for a while. Now I'm trying to gain my new dogs trust. It's going to be a real job. Poor thing is about 25# under weight and must have been beat to a pulp from wherever it came from
    Gotta love neighbours, eh! Oh boy, you might be in for a ride with that one unfortunately. I bought an older Walker that was very skittish and it broke the leash and got hit on he highway.......barely got to touch it, poor beast.

Good luck hunting, I started a 2022 hunting season thread which no one has replied too weirdly. I beat the bushes for 6 hours today and only seen one. Our winter was extremely bad last year with lots of winter kill found while shed hunting. With over 6-8" on the ground now this year is starting out bad again.
    Trikes
    1970/71 US 90 (Aquarius Blue)
    1970/71 US 90 (Future Project)
    1972/73 US 90 Camo Project (110 Big Bore)
    1972/73 US 90 Green
    1977 ATC 90 w/83 110 motor (Fugly)
    1982 ATC 70
    1983 ATC 70 (Ladybug)
    1973 ATC 70

1965 Marketeer 3 Wheel Golf Cart with 1986 Honda 250 drivetrain

TF 2015

Other
    1983 Honda Z50
    1978 Honda XL75

Feedback http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...ck-for-coopool
    http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-coolpool

--
    Quote Originally Posted by coolpool View Post
    Gotta love neighbours, eh! Oh boy, you might be in for a ride with that one unfortunately. I bought an older Walker that was very skittish and it broke the leash and got hit on he highway.......barely got to touch it, poor beast.

Good luck hunting, I started a 2022 hunting season thread which no one has replied too weirdly. I beat the bushes for 6 hours today and only seen one. Our winter was extremely bad last year with lots of winter kill found while shed hunting. With over 6-8" on the ground now this year is starting out bad again.
    Hunting season (for guns) just started here locally so maybe that's why nobody responded yet. I'm not sure if I'll get to go this year. Work is covered up right now through the end of the year. She I need the overtime hours thanks to "inflation"and "Russia" (the current excuses for bullsh*t and price gouging)

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

--
    Happy giving of thanks day!

Be safe out there on the roads and enjoy your time with family and friends.

I was going to be off a four-day, but have about a half day of work tomorrow because plans changed as everything started getting wonky yesterday. Just me and a friend working because we're hoping to miss the mess that materialized yesterday morning as holiday motivation was moving them.

Just heard a siren go by while typing this and passed by several wrecks this week already. One was a big truck carrying explosives that was really wadded after striking a bridge and smashing into some trees off the road. Keep that one in mind, don't dilly-dally near truck crashes because you never know what's in them. Another was a Suburban turned beacon in the A.M. that left the shoulder just a bit scorched. A couple more were a two car and one big truck versus car.

--
    happy Thanksgiving! kids and family is all camping out in the desert, we loaded up the 200x, rode for a bit, came back, snacked then rode for awhile longer. came back and stuffed our faces. Then me and my wife came home ( I get to work friday) . at 60, riding these trikes are fun but does beat the back and knees! But it's great! Temps was in the 50s so just a sweatshirt and it was perfect!. jim
    81 185s
    82 185s with 85 200s motor
    suspended 185s
    85 atc70
    1984 200s
    85 350x 3rd owner
    and a 72 ct70

projects coming along

85 200s
    81 suspended 185s (can't believe I came across 2)
    1982? 185s

--
    With winter in full swing for many of you, please check you fireplaces and chimneys.

A close friend of mine just has his home destroyed because of a chimney fire. I was terrified when I got a message about it and drove like crazy to his house before finding out everyone was OK. I walked with him inside while timbers were still smoldering. The community here is awesome and dozens of people (more than 70) showed up the next day to help clean it out so he may potentially rebuild it. It's a real wreck and will take a total gut to rebuild, mostly due to the water damage from the fire fighting effort.

Please, please, please, check you chimneys and have them cleaned every year and make certain flues, fireplaces, wood stoves, and whatever you wood heat with is safe to use.

--
    I have some newer plastic fuel jugs with those horrendous EPA/CARB spouts that dump more fuel on the ground than the earlier ones, which defeats the purpose of any environmental design.

The two sources I bought from were Mr. Yellow Cap and EZ-Pour.

Mr. Yellow cap is like the later fixed spout models but without the air bleed in the filler, so there's no obstruction to full flow. That means with a vent in the back it'll pour like the old ones an you won't be holding a five gallon can for minutes on end when filling a vehicle or farm equipment. When full, that's ~30lbs of fuel to hold in an often awkward position. The quicker the better.

https://www.mryellowcap.com/

The other ones I bought are from EZ-Pour.

https://ezpourspout.com/product-category/spouts/

They're flexible and have a smaller end which works well for filling blowers, line trimmers, saws, and the like. They're also made to accept the accessories/adapters they sell, like for unleaded fuel fillers. No extra funnel needed. From what I can tell, they're made with domestic and Chinese components. The main spout kit they sell has two caps that fit multiple brands of jugs, but the original jug caps can be used with their spout also, if neither in the kit fit the threads.

The vent cap instructions specifically state to not use a twist drill bit. A step bit is one they suggest and what I used, which worked great. I converted one of those funky spout Briggs & Stratton plastic jugs to the proven earlier style with the vent. That can was such a PITA that I don't remember using it more than once and it's sat empty for years. I'm glad I didn't toss it and that I found these spout options to make it usable in the real world.

While looking for new spouts I seen several older jugs, with the vents, selling for good money on Ebay. The newer jugs cause more problems than they solve and may as well be like the round metal safety cans that can't be used without a funnel attached.

It was money and time well spent today. I'll spill less fuel and not have to grow a third arm to fill a saw. That was something I've been needing to do for years but just got a-round-tuit.
    Last edited by ATC King; 12-11-2022 at 01:00 AM.

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //