//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 350x Project

Jonpin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Exclamation 350x Project

I just got my 85 350x its going to be a project it needs alot of parts and i just started to take it all apart today im going to try to make a nice rider out of it nothing show room im going to get the frame painted and stuff though but old used working parts are fine im going to try to keep this thread posted with everything i get done with it so heres what iv done so far with taking it appart parts i know i need so are the following kicker "mine very worn out" ,wiring harness mines missing every thing for the lights and switches have to stall it to shut it off , rear brake master cylinder ,whole front brake assymbly "except the disc", the rubber seat bushings have one rear one ,the rear tank bushings, and the grab bar and i think wheel hubs im sure theres more but this is a quick list any help with this stuff would be great and heres some pics

05 Kingquad 700 85 200x 85 250es 85 350x

85 350x rider project 85 350x (project) watch the progress here http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=85959

Goin to prove you can polish a turd "so far it takes a lot of cash to buff that brown out'

--
    Do you want really nice stuff or are you looking for anything? I just replaced alot of the bushings and stuff on mine and I can send yo my old ones. I replaced most of the stuff on my rear axle too, so I have alot of those bits and pieces. I also have a take off rear axle, came off a sawed up 350x, it has no riding time on it whatsoever, but I have $125 in that. I'll round up all the parts I took off and can send them to you and you can see what you need. Parts aren't bad, I had just been saving up alot of take off parts and finally got motivated to start fixing alot of goofy stuff on the old 350x. I also have a wiring harness that only had the tail light wires clipped and a wrong tail light in place. I can send you that too. I'll get the pieces together and post a picture if you want. I should be changing my clutch sidecover out soon too if you need that. The sidecover is fine, just the end piece for the decomp cable is a little twisted, but it still works. I have a set of 350x stock hubs too since I replaced mine with durablue hubs. I have a decent rear brake pedal, just mine was hard to adjust and I replaced it with a take off lever. Also have my old m/cyl that needs rebuilding but I wirebrushed it off really nice and I have my old rear brake reservoir if you need one of those too. One of the nuts fell out of the bottom and I used a longer screw and nut to hold in place, but it isn't cracked, and never leaked and has the rubber seal and such for it and newer tygon clear hose that ran to the m/cyl. Let me know if you want any or all of this. The rear disc would be the heaviest part of the whole lot. Let me know what you need. Oh, the cost would be free, maybe you could send me a few bucks for shipping depending on if you needed the disc or not.

Jonpin is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    heres some more pics

85 350x rider project 85 350x (project) watch the progress here http://3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=85959

Goin to prove you can polish a turd "so far it takes a lot of cash to buff that brown out'

--
    Looks like a nice project! Did it come with any other pieces for the speedometer? Are you keeping it stock or going with a custom look?
    84 Honda 200ES Big Red

--
    no that was the only piece that was on there would have been neat to have the speedometer but ohwell but yea im going to keep it stock basicly just going to try to make it look nice

AJZ_200X is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Have fun with it... Looks like its in good condition already!

--
    Hey bud, thats great!! Can't beat the price and like another poster said, if you aren't so concerned with "perfection" there are TONS of good used parts on here super cheap.

A couple weeks ago a member sold me a 350X chain guard, footpegs and a front hub with rotor and nuts for 45$ shipped!! How the heck can ya beat that deal??!! And it gives me spare parts I can powder coat without disturbing my daily driver.....

I forget who that was but I say THANKS to him again, no complaints here
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thats great i got a guy helping me out alot right now everyones always good on this site for helping eachother out "thanx pat"

--
    Quote Originally Posted by AJZ_200X View Post
    Have fun with it... Looks like its in good condition already!
    Its far from good shape no brakes swing arm bolt is welded on for some reson yet to be discovered will this weekend got a new swing arm commin just in case gonna take some grinding bearings in the rear wher gone along time ago lots of play chain poped off im guessing braking the side cover someone drilled out the lean and rich screw right peg is falling off looks scary but it does run good someone just didnt care about it and rode it into the ground the platic aside from the front fender are just faded the front fender is cracked i was going to try to wet sand the rear plastic down and see how it comes out the seat is some nasty orange color kick staRTER is so worn out it points down when kicking it sprokets need replaced there not to horrible but gonna change them befor they look like saw blades wireing harness is gone except for what makes it run im sure theres more oh yea air box tube to the carb is broke where it connects to the carb

oh yea ill update the pics of progress this weekend when i get a chance to work on it if it ever stops raining here in florida and ill try to show some pics of how rediculous some of the things done on this bike wher and how worn out some stuff is should be good for a laugh

--
    anyone know a cheap place to get white fenders for this bike?

--
    You might look for a set of used fenders if you dont want to spend a whole lot. You can get new fenders everywhere but I use zmperformance.com
    84 Honda 200ES Big Red

--
    Ok heres my update on how things are going i got the axle out to find that the bearings are like new but still had lots of play i guess from worn out axle only thing left to take off is triple tree and the motor

how it sits now

box "O" parts basicly the brake parts

got the axle out

some parts i got off ebay

new swinger going to be bead blasted monday

the carb the air mixture screw was partialy drilled out for some reason one of the jets are stripped out to gonna have to use an easy out or something so i need a carb body

Cleaning up the supertrap it was like brown and partialy spray painted for some reason

my axel check out thoughs sweet splines and grooves worn into it by the the bearings which i guess is why i had play in the rear end gonna get a new one of thoughs and thats what i got done so far this weekend ill update more for sunday when the motor comes out and the triple tree is off

--
    Well heres my swing arm and hubs back from getting bead blasted at my dads work ready to get powder coated and my exaust tip all shiny not quite new looking but better than befor

--
    Looking real nice. You're on your way to a first class rebuild. Soon you'll be needing this though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmpphpb5k7Vn.jpg  

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Vealmonkey View Post
    Looking real nice. You're on your way to a first class rebuild. Soon you'll be needing this though.
    Dam no joke im savin my pennies man i jusat have to wait till my friend pays me that 200 i cant have more money going out than comming in

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //