PDA

View Full Version : 350x question

yooperman
12-05-2009, 06:55 AM
i was wondering if the hole on the frame where the swing arm bolt goes is spose to just be a circle hole oris it spose to be oblonged rectangler shape hole i was wondering hat because my whole swing arm moves bolt and all no matter how tight i get it. ive tried putting washer n it to get better threads and still does it. it doesnthelp that the bolt is froze up in the sing arm. igot a differnt bolt but i am in iaq right now and i wanna hit it when i get home on leave so if any body has any advice would be helpfull

tapper190
12-05-2009, 09:57 AM
I would have to say that if your bolt is seized in your swing arm, your needle bearings are seized as well, this is causing the wear on your mounting point. You should replace them before you do anymore damage to your frame. (The hole should be round, with no play). Odds are that your swinger bolt is toast as well. Sorry for the bad news...
Tapper

yooperman
12-05-2009, 11:54 AM
dang i figured that is what it was boy if i didnt have bad luck i wouldnt have any ok thanks for the help man

Dirtcrasher
12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Thats one of the places I weld on another washer and ream it out to 14MM's, makes it twice as thick........

yooperman
12-05-2009, 03:52 PM
i gonna have to do that dont want that to happen again on me got lots of parts coming to my house and will be waitng or mewhen i get hoe on my 2 week R&R leave so i will be busy fixing that frame prob and putting the new parts on

Dirtcrasher
12-05-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm finishing up a frame I did for a member SOON, watch for the thread and it will show those washers too........