PDA

View Full Version : What do u guys think i should do?

David komatina
08-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Ok so i took my 84 250r to a local place called Brennys to have it jetted and tuned cuz i was having a hell of a time tuning it. So i took it to them cuz they have certified mechanics and say they know three wheelers i droped it off and i get a phone call stating the needle is worn and they fix it by drilling it out and puting a diferent size needle in so on good faith i say ok. So they call me about a week later its done come pick it up it runs like a champ so i pick it up bring it home all stoked to rip it up and it runs like effin beep! So i call and they say bring it back so i do. So they re jet it again and call and say its ready i pick it up and take it home to ride it runs mutch better but not perfect so i do a little tinkering myself and seem to get it going pretty good so i rode it lots but never to far away cuz i still dont trust it too mutch. So the other day im out riding the track in my yard and it starts runing like crap again rrrr so i decide i will take the carb apart apart and do an inspection and cleaning i remove the carb and start inspecting i notice my needle is worn very bad on one side and the coating on my slide is worn right off on on side as well witch makes me think when they drilled it for the diferent needle it was drilled crooked. So now that its drilled the carb is junk cuz i cant put it back to stock and i need a new slide. Do u guys think they should reemburse me for the work or have them pay for a new carb?

dksix
08-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Should they? Yea, they probably should but they know that it's up to them. It's not something that would be worth going to court over, so just count it up as a lesson learned. You should warn people you know and maybe save them from learning the hard way but be honest, don't just try to damage the shops business and/or reputation. Have you talked to them about your issues? That would be the first step but if they do poor work it's not likely that the warranty is any better.

David komatina
08-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Should they? Yea, they probably should but they know that it's up to them. It's not something that would be worth going to court over, so just count it up as a lesson learned. You should warn people you know and maybe save them from learning the hard way but be honest, don't just try to damage the shops business and/or reputation. Have you talked to them about your issues? That would be the first step but if they do poor work it's not likely that the warranty is any better.

Yes i will be speeking with them and im not trying to damage there buisness but they are one of the most reputable places in the quad citys thats why i went to them.

thestud25
08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Don't go in there all rip roaring mad. That will accomplish nothing. I would point out the fact that promised a service and it was not delivered and you are worse now than you were. Try to come to a mutual agreement. JMO

David komatina
08-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't go in there all rip roaring mad. That will accomplish nothing. I would point out the fact that promised a service and it was not delivered and you are worse now than you were. Try to come to a mutual agreement. JMO

Im a pretty layed back guy so i will b nice and exspress my concern.

dksix
08-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Yes i will be speeking with them and im not trying to damage there buisness but they are one of the most reputable places in the quad citys thats why i went to them.

If they have managed to build a reputation for being good, it wasn't an accident. Maybe the guy who worked on it was just having a bad couple days or something like that. the stud was right about one thing, if you go in there looking for a fight - that's all you'll get and that doesn't help anyone.

haggard 2hundie
08-25-2010, 05:19 PM
thats wierd ive never heard anything bad about brennys was it illinoise or d port ? i had carb work done at the d port brennys and it ran great , of course all they did was replace the lug in the inside of the neck of the carb .
anyway sorry about your bad luck and its good to have another mid wester on board , where u at in il ? im only about 30 to 45 minutes from davenport , in musctine iowa when you go back see if a guy named todd cooney still works there , if so tell him chris lawrence sent ya he should be able to get you taken care of proper. good luck

cr480r
08-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Drillled out your carb??? That shop sounds like a bunch of clowns... Buy a new carb... You wont be sorry, and its a perfect time to upgrade... read everything you can on jetting til you understand it... Become self suffficient and consider your mishap a cheap lesson..

David komatina
08-25-2010, 06:38 PM
I live over by gailesburg not too far from muscatine we should get togeather and ride sometime. Im not saying the service was bad just not to happy with the work after seeing the damge that was done like the one guy said maybe the guy that did it was having a bad day i certainly can understand i have had lots of bad days at the body shop sometimes things just dont go right but i still had to fix it if it was my fault.
thats wierd ive never heard anything bad about brennys was it illinoise or d port ? i had carb work done at the d port brennys and it ran great , of course all they did was replace the lug in the inside of the neck of the carb .
anyway sorry about your bad luck and its good to have another mid wester on board , where u at in il ? im only about 30 to 45 minutes from davenport , in musctine iowa when you go back see if a guy named todd cooney still works there , if so tell him chris lawrence sent ya he should be able to get you taken care of proper. good luck

haggard 2hundie
08-25-2010, 07:51 PM
where do u ride ? ive been wanting to check out lakeview ( solon ) for awhile now and i agree with cr480r not that they are all clowns at brennys but to just get a new carb and go from there

Dirtcrasher
08-25-2010, 08:18 PM
I have NEVER heard of drilling out the needle seat (which handles 1/4 - 3/4 throttle) I have drilled out the main jet on the end until i got just the right lean/rich mix and then bought the correct jet measuring that size.

Your slide will always wear, it's OLD!

But the needle should be nice, long and tapered to meter the fuel thru the main jet.

IDK what they did but I'd ride around their lot before I paid/left.

If it EVER rang great, then you probably have a fuel delivery to the carb issue.............

cr480r
08-25-2010, 09:50 PM
sounds like they wanted to use a needle out of somethin else they had laying around... hack job for sure... they had no business doing that... Only on a homebrewed alcohol set-up would i consider drilling appropriate..

ceaserthethird
08-26-2010, 03:28 AM
Just show them the work they did, point out the part they drilled
Incorrectly.

Go with a pwk air striker 38mm

David komatina
08-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Just show them the work they did, point out the part they drilled
Incorrectly.

Go with a pwk air striker 38mm

i would go with a pwk but the stock boots wont work if u know how to make it work let me know thanks!