PDA

View Full Version : Preaching at the altar of the 3 Wheeler

dougspcs
03-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Well, being new to the sport I am an inexperienced 3 wheel rider. Mostly limited to running around a few trails and snow covered fields..

Many riders brag about their 3 wheelers 'going places that most 4 wheelers can't'..I thought they were mostly blowing wind.

Well this weekend was my 1st real test..my folks own 50plus acres along a river valley, all treed and a major spring flood zone with no paths. I have gone there with my 4WD with limited success, but this time I took my 3 wheeler. Incredible in this terrain. Cutting between and over trees , thru deep soft mud, tight spaces all that I would have had to get off and assist my 4wheeler thru..

Awesome fun..I am officially converted and a disciple to the 3 wheel gods!!

Now, does anyone want to buy a perfectly decent Honda 4WD? I need to make more room for 3wheelers...:lol:

oscarmayer
03-22-2011, 09:22 AM
LOL welcome to the club. BTW, they are like rabbits, they seem to just multiply o their own. it's really strange...

Cave Rider
03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
welcome aboard,just take one wheel of your quad and giver hell !!!!

OZQUAD44
03-22-2011, 10:12 AM
LOL welcome to the club. BTW, they are like rabbits, they seem to just multiply o their own. it's really strange...

I'm hearing you. Something in that. How I ended up with two of the things has got me stumped. But the sad thing about that is, I'm always on the lookout for more.......

Modding_out
03-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Welcome aboard! you've just the joined the 3 wheeler fraternity nut house(aka 3 wheeler world) where were all missing a wheel (and more than a few screws) and whouln't have it any other way:TrikesOwn Besides 4 wheels make a square...who wants to ride a square?:wondering especialy since we can rock out a groovy triagle:beer

Fungo Wizard
03-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Funny thing is, when they multiply I have noticed my bank account disappearing! I spend so much time looking for them, I fear that I will end up on that show "Intervention" someday. I am on the lookout for film crews showing up and following me around claiming to be doing a documentary on 3 wheelers!:wondering Congrats on your new found love, and good luck selling the 4wd, and beware of film crews!!!!!

mtsnieg
03-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Three wheelers certainly are addictive. I bought one two years ago to get around on the lake for ice fishing. Now i have a couple more, and have spent countless hours and dollars on them. I was even comissioned by a friend to build him a 200x. The day I dropped it off to him was like a little kid at christmas.

tri-Z ripper
03-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the madness, good luck getting rid of that golf cart, although they are handy recovery vehicles lol from the day i found my first i had another one in a month and so on and so on!

Deathrocket
03-22-2011, 11:46 AM
lol groovy triangle... they are addictive aren't they...

dougspcs
03-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about the addictive nature of these machines. They should come with a warning label about this as they do about their safe operation.

By the way, anyone know where I can get a nice 83/84 ATC110? I already posted on the classified board..but no response so far. I missed one the other day on craigslist..excellent condition for $700..

What is a good price?