PDA

View Full Version : tri z problems, please help.

zombiek1ng
07-01-2011, 09:35 PM
okie dokie, i have a tri z, obviosly from the title. im having problems with it though. ill try to explain it the best i can, but if you need, i can do videos for you to view. first. its very smokey, like, its like a smoke screen wen i drive by. secound, it doesnt really sound like a 2 stroke should, it kinda has a dull bring to it, not the pingpingpingy sounds i hear from vids on this site. third, it likes to not want to go full throughtle, it will go about half way, then just bog down. and fourth, wen your crousing in any gear, for any extended time longer then excelarating, it kinda has like, power serges. like it will cut out power, the quickly get it back.
im kinda getting annoyed by its tomfoulery and tollywhompis shinanigins its been having lately.
any help will be greatly apreciated.
(i know, my spelling sucks)

atc007
07-01-2011, 10:48 PM
You seem to be ingesting crankcase oil into the combustion part of the cases. Bad seal or cracked cases : (

zombiek1ng
07-01-2011, 11:39 PM
were would said seal be? i really dont want to play "lets explore randomly till i find it".
please and thanks

Mosh
07-02-2011, 09:25 AM
It could be a crank seal. If it is, it will be real stinky and blue in color. And more than likely, you will be loosing trans oil.

First with the bike off, take the little hose off the cylinder jug on the right side of the bike. The hose is about 1/4 inch in diameter. See if there is raw fuel dripping from it. If so the fuel pump is ruptured and dripping extra fuel into the cylinder.That will cause extra smoke and not wanting to rev out.

The crank case seal is behind the clutch cover on the crank shaft. Does it overheat or loose coolant? Also if you have the stock muffler, it could be clogged with oil not letting the motor rev out.

atc007
07-02-2011, 09:34 AM
were would said seal be? i really dont want to play "lets explore randomly till i find it".
please and thanks

Well then,You should def take it to a shop!! Because there is only ONE way to fix these. And it is to randomly explore till you find the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rather it's the fuel pump diaphram ,cases or seal. You have to troubleshoot to find it! Good luck.

zombiek1ng
07-02-2011, 11:15 AM
lol, sorry if i was being a little short, i just really want it fixed by the fourth, so i can go ridding with the gf. ill go look at all the things you guys mentioned tho and ill get back asap. thanks guys

zombiek1ng
07-02-2011, 11:17 AM
it does not over heat, and i dont think it is loosing coolant, but i will double check it.

It could be a crank seal. If it is, it will be real stinky and blue in color. And more than likely, you will be loosing trans oil.

First with the bike off, take the little hose off the cylinder jug on the right side of the bike. The hose is about 1/4 inch in diameter. See if there is raw fuel dripping from it. If so the fuel pump is ruptured and dripping extra fuel into the cylinder.That will cause extra smoke and not wanting to rev out.

The crank case seal is behind the clutch cover on the crank shaft. Does it overheat or loose coolant? Also if you have the stock muffler, it could be clogged with oil not letting the motor rev out.