PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, what have I done now?!

one2hunt
09-04-2011, 12:34 AM
OK- I'm not good with computers and not handy with a wrench-but I've damn near killed myself on everything with an engine that I've ever been able to start. I just bought an 86 250 es. It's no beauty queen but it starts and runs down the road pretty good. Aside from a wobble gremlin around the front tire at speed, I'm pleased. I owned a yamaha 225dx years ago and liked it alot. This is a much different machine and I think we will become good buds. I've got a 5 and a 3 yr old who haven't decided yet whether to run from or to the new toy but I'm pretty sure one good afternoon in the fields will win them over. That's about it>Thanks>Chris

dougspcs
09-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Welcome..these things are great for the kids provided you let them come to it on their own.

My 12 year old daughter didn't think much of it at 1st..but I let her ride my BR around the open fields at my parents farm in second gear. She did her thing for about an hour, now she does really well when we go riding together. We just ride at her speed is all..

one2hunt
09-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Hey Doug>I'm sure they'll love it once they see me having fun. I picked up a little 3 wheeler awhile back that I can only describe as a Rupp mini bike 3 wheeler with a 3 1/2 horse Tecumseh engine and a fiberglass body on it. I thought it would be for the kids but they're too little just yet and I can't figure a way to put a throttle stop on it-I am not a very mechanical person.

dougspcs
09-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I have a Honda ATC110 trike that has high/low and an adjustable throttle stop..

I set it in low range 2nd/3rd gear and crank the throttle way back for my 6 year old nephew..he loves it!! (my sister in law hates me for buying it). But since my brother is the same kinda 3wheeler junky as I am, it's a hit!

MonroeMike
09-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Welcome to the site.

one2hunt
09-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Hey Doug-I had no idea that they even made ATC's with throttle stops!-that's awesome. And thank you Mike. BTW-as of this evening, after a good visit with a friend of mine who lives out in a more rural area-I am hooked!!! We both own 250es's and while his wife kindly occupied both his kids and mine tonight-me and my bud took out the three wheelers and had a blast. They both need work but it's amazing what these things can do. I think I'll be surfing around here absorbing as much as I can and hopefully meet some new friends to ride with.