PDA

View Full Version : NEATV trike racing needs riders

Swinger
10-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Well I started a thread a few days ago and it turned into this thread so I figured just start a new one. Well here is the thing, we need a few guys that want to get into mx on their trikes and Bill from TPC is organizing this. They held previous races and it turned up quite a crowd. Some amazed that these things still exist and others just wanted to see the crazy guys on those three wheeled things hitting jumps. Bill said there may be cash payouts and hopefully sponsors start showing up. This is a golden oppertunity for us to bring this sport back and show that ther is a huge interest in this sport. If we stand around and do nothing for ourselves we cant expect them to anything either and someday all these will be is a showroom piece, if we are still lucky to have that!! The more info I get I will pass along but first things first is we are going to need riders to commit to this. I am in. Bigred44 is a possible.

Lil Earl
10-30-2011, 09:42 PM
as i said before, i would buy my dx could not compete, once i get an upgrade, ill be in

Swinger
10-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Well lets get er done Earl. Spend some of that moldy money you got laying around and get a two smoker!! Ben6626 is in on a few races! Dont worry Ben, Im no racer either but will put a trike on the track as well. LOL. Maybe You and Raffa and Pistol Pete and Atc007 can all convoy around. You have a good bit of riders up that way, what about 86T3 also?

GeoD
11-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Early 2009 I was all hyped up about joining the MX trike circuit. But then I had shoulder surgery. After recovering from the shoulder I broke my ankle. I was down and out for most of 2010 recovering. Now, I can't risk being injured (I gotta eat and pay bills). But, I will definitely be at trackside spectating and rooting you guys on! Keep us posted when and where the races are going to be!

Swinger
11-01-2011, 11:17 PM
No problem Geod. Im waiting on the schedule myself and am planning on making as many as possible! There will be 3 classes , as long as enough riders show up. Beginners, vintage and open. As of now I think the open is the one that has a cash pay out but Im nowhere near good enough to compete with these guys. Ive been talking to Bill from TPC and he is the one who is basically organizing these events, Im just a 3WW messenger and die hard trike nut who wants to cut loose on the track.

just ben
11-02-2011, 07:20 AM
You have a good bit of riders up that way, what about 86T3 also? I was at his house sunday and his trike is coming together nicely but that trike will never be ridden,not by him anyway.I can't say I blame him EVERYTHING is show polished. The Savage boys may come out for a race or two I can't speak for them but I will talk to them soon and get some thoughts from them.

Swinger
11-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Sounds like a plan Ben!

GeoD
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM
A beginners class. Hmmmm. I just may be interested in that class or even the vintage class. That way I can get some track time under my belt. Pencil me in and keep me posted pls.

audioworks04
11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Im in, but you need to move all the races to the midwest.....