PDA

View Full Version : 300ES big red update.

250Eddie
10-13-2012, 11:25 PM
Ok so after a long while of NOT working on the 300 just left the 250 engine in the big red, I ordered the full wiring harness and dash, I got those things this week and yesterday started messing with it and got it to spark which is what was stopping me from the full swap, me and my friend pulled the 250 engine out in 10 minutes and put the 300 engine back into the bike in about an hour, it started right up and sounds SO good doesnt smoke doesnt knock at all, NOW heres the bad part, I was riding the bike around the block a few times nice and slow to break the engine in incase of anything, Now i was taking a spin around the block before i parked the bike to pick everything up and it started knocking and locking the back tires up and i was scared that the engine may have died but it still sounded perfect, The gears werent shifting at all, the bike wouldnt go back into neutral or any other gear, i managed to crawl the bike back home and i just started taking the engine back apart after taking it back out of the bike AGAIN ( Sigh ), So i come to notice something wrong with the clutch side of the engine, The picture will show u whats wrong, Oh yea BTW the engine is in gear and i cant take it out of gear at all.

http://i49.tinypic.com/scggg0.jpg

Now i have the task of breaking the case open to fix this.

The video is kinda hard to see becuz of how tinypic made it look but the bike starts up perfectly, well when it wasnt messed up lol.

View My Video (http://tinypic.com/r/2gxgpqq/6)

matt22895
10-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Whats happening in the picture i cant really see?

250Eddie
10-14-2012, 05:12 AM
The ball bearing exploded same with the holders

kb0nly
10-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Man that stinks... But it could have been worse.

nstyle73
10-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Isn't there something about swapping the output shaft on one of these engines to make it work in a trike, or am I not up on this swap? I thought one was longer than the other or something.

250Eddie
10-15-2012, 12:14 AM
the 300 shaft is a little bit longer, Ive already swapped the output shaft on the motor, and when i did swap it i didnt notice the bearing messed up, I took the engine apart and changed the bearing and cleaned it all out and i put it back together, i come to find out that it still doesnt want to shift so tomorrow my friends are gonna come over and take the engine apart while im at work.