View Full Version : BIG RED d.i.y. SNOW PLOW FINALLY HITS THE SNOW

effort=results
12-15-2013, 12:33 AM
http://youtu.be/C1Ljh55pQ5A

http://youtu.be/C1Ljh55pQ5A

tri again
12-15-2013, 05:57 AM
What a great idea.
I tried dragging a pallet but the snow was too deep and heavy and no where to go, so it just piled up.
That plow of yours gives it a place to fall off. and it's SO much fun you don't mind making a few extra passes and no real reson to use reverse 100 times like with a front plow.

effort=results
12-15-2013, 12:17 PM
thanks tri again. ya she knocks the snow down pretty good . but it does'nt do it as neatly as the other ones. still gotthe job done. and ya more excuse to ride around and make the nieghbors crazy. hahaha

408Fairmont
12-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Looks cool, and looks like it works, cool idea man!

King Trikester
12-18-2013, 09:31 PM
thats pretty cool, the only issue i see is if the snow get to deep. snow can drift onto your driveway and be 3 feet deep over night. but still a cool idea, it looks like it could be a bit heavier and mayber wider? Im not trying to knock on it at all its 1000000x than the shovel I use (for now) but it looks like it could improve

bigdaddyvw185
12-18-2013, 09:41 PM
sweet idea!, id suggest adding some weight. either by installing a heavier steel plate onto the bottom of the plow, or over the rear wheels like off the back or something. weight over the rear wheels will help keep it from bouncing around when the plow is pulling a full load of snow. good deal tho man!

effort=results
12-18-2013, 11:53 PM
sweet idea!, id suggest adding some weight. either by installing a heavier steel plate onto the bottom of the plow, or over the rear wheels like off the back or something. weight over the rear wheels will help keep it from bouncing around when the plow is pulling a full load of snow. good deal tho man!

ya im think of some kinda rack back there . a gas cylinder cut in half and a tube of sand would be great. i still need to tweak it. but in all hindsight i should have plowed the night before but i want to vid it up during the day and we got more than expected so it was a hard first day out with it.