PDA

View Full Version : oem 350x connecting rod needed

ustin666
01-28-2014, 10:10 PM
oem 350x connecting rod needed i have now been locking for a rod for my 350x for 5 month now and now luck. i got all 3 bearings size, a new pin all new oem parts. now im just missing the rod and can't seem to found one anywhere if some one have on for sale or now some one ho dose plz let me now tanks. got a new oem 85 86 250r front fender that i would be willing to do some kind of a trade for. hope i find one son only thing missing to get her back on 3 wheel.

rg97
01-28-2014, 10:14 PM
What year X?

ustin666
01-28-2014, 10:15 PM
85 86 its the same rod

rg97
01-28-2014, 10:24 PM
The '85 rod has a different part # than the '86 and it is not available. You can get a NOS one for a pretty hefty price, if they are even around. The '86 rods are still able to be bought for about $120. The '86 rod was also usedon the 87-89 trx350. Vesrah rods arent bad, made in japan, but I dont think that they are as high quality as OE, still high quality though. They run $85 on eBay.
So the bottom line is do you want to spend the $35 more on an OEM rod... It's your choice

ustin666
01-28-2014, 10:53 PM
i checked whit my Honda dealer ship and the rod is discontinued even for the trx 350d. it says its still available online but you cant get it.

barnett468
01-29-2014, 06:19 AM
New factory orig 1986 rod is in stock at the links below, p/n 13201-HA7-670.

$78.00
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/honda/HP-13201-HA7-670.html

$171.65
http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-atc350x-1986-usa_model7193/partslist/E++10.html#results

New factory orig 1985 rod p/n 13201-HA5-300 is not available.

Vesrah replacement rod for 85 and 86 p/n VA-1011. Since Honda shows a non interchangeable number between 85 and 86 rods I would verify that the vesrah will work for both years. You might pm shortline10 or flyingw and see if they know.

http://catalog.vesrah.co.jp/catalog/shape/VA-1011.html

rg97
01-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Barnett you should read before you post. Through honda the part is unavailable, for both the 85 and 86, which is what ustin said, the website partzilla lists it as available. It probably is just an unupdated webpage because if you order something from partzilla all they do is ship you one from honda.
Go with a vesrah and forget about it unless you're a guy who wants OEM quality and nothing less (thats me BTW). then look aound for NOS

ustin666
01-29-2014, 12:10 PM
i have a hight comp piston and im going to put a cam soon so i would like to go with oem. i have the bering and the pin all new oem im just mising the rod. if i cant find a few oem rod i might just put a old one whit the new bering and pin.

barnett468
01-29-2014, 12:30 PM
oem 350x connecting rod needed... ...if some one have on for sale or now some one ho dose plz let me now tanks. Hello ustin;

Irregardless of what rg97 says, I suggest you contact the CMSNL site I posted to see if they have, or can get the rod.

Barnett you should read before you post.I did read, then posted some info that might be helpful to him. I suggest you take your own advise and also quit telling people what to do and never assume.

Through honda the part is unavailable, for both the 85 and 86, which is what ustin said, That’s irrelevant. Just because someone, including you, have been unable to find a part, does not mean that it does not exist and that others might not know where to find it.

partzilla lists it as available. It probably is just an unupdated webpage because if you order something from partzilla all they do is ship you one from honda.If you say so, however, I listed 2 sites that showed it available. Unlike your Partzilla claim, CMSNL has huge warehouses of parts in Holland, and many of those parts are discontinued NOS. You can see photos and a video of one of the warehouses in the links below.

I also check their site regularly and have seen available parts quantities updated. As with any parts supplier, the only way to be positive they have it or can get it, is to contact them, however since YOU imply/believe the rod does not exist, everyone should assume you are correct, therefore there is obviously no need for YOU or anyone else to try to buy it from CMSNL or even look elsewhere for it.

From CMSNL

“CMS buys excess Japanese motorcycle parts inventories. If you have a lot of parts sitting in your warehouse eating dust, read on, this letter is for you!”

Warehouse photos.

http://www.cmsnl.com/about/company/virtual-tour/

Warehouse video.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/cmsnlcom/165436236828935

slashfan7964
01-29-2014, 05:25 PM
In my opinion if you are going to have the case split open anyways, you might as well build a stroker motor. It might increase your choices for available rods possibly.

barnett468
01-29-2014, 05:29 PM
I suggested he get a vesrah and forget about it. Thats still my opinion.I was not questioning your suggestion. I made no reference to it at all. That was not the point of my post.

in CMSNL's videos, did you see the '87 R and '87 350X in the corner of the warehouse? Look again, if you cant find them they are right next to the stacks of NOS PV701 and PV101 tires! Cool!They also have around 50 fully restored very rare bikes. Yes, very cool.

DohcBikes
01-29-2014, 06:18 PM
I think someone should post a thread called "speculation from people that have rarely or never handled the parts or trikes that they are posting about" so that everyone can gather their googled opinions about stuff, and then act as if they are the last word on the subject. That would sort it all out. Or, maybe a thread called "I couldn't care less about actually addressing issues or questions with which I have REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE, so here's a thread for me just to up my post count".

My apologies to the o.p., I don't have any REAL EXPERIENCE with this subject, so I have no info to contribute.

I know its harsh so flame on if you wanna waste your time, i wont respond anyway. There's no need for immature name calling as in another recent thread, and it just doesn't help anything.

Everyone here has a web browser guys. That is all.

6speedthumper
01-29-2014, 07:05 PM
I think someone should post a thread called "speculation from people that have rarely or never handled the parts or trikes that they are posting about" so that everyone can gather their googled opinions about stuff, and then act as if they are the last word on the subject. That would sort it all out. Or, maybe a thread called "I couldn't care less about actually addressing issues or questions with which I have REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE, so here's a thread for me just to up my post count".

My apologies to the o.p., I don't have any REAL EXPERIENCE with this subject, so I have no info to contribute.

I know its harsh so flame on if you wanna waste your time, i wont respond anyway. There's no need for immature name calling as in another recent thread, and it just doesn't help anything.

Everyone here has a web browser guys. That is all.

My sentiments exactly. Very tired of all the pi$$ing contests. I read over threads all the time, but, I don't always post if there is nothing more to contribute about, or if I don't fully know what it is the subject is about.

Now, to aid in helping, I have my crank at CWR at the moment getting rebuit. And, Greg there found a Honda rod kit for mine. May want to give him a call??? Also, with as hard as it is getting to find oem rods for the big X, Vesrah would be my next stop, and I have not heard any poor dealings about their products.

RIDE-RED 250r
01-29-2014, 07:41 PM
Try Mickey Dunlap too. I would bet if there are rods out there for a 350x, he would know.

Dirtcrasher
01-29-2014, 07:45 PM
Your other options are to keep a sharp eye out for so called "crate motors". I have found and bought more than I will need in my lifetime for the 86/7 200X and 86 350X.

Just keep looking, you will find one and they don't need to cost a fortune. Easily a grand or less and everything is new....

bigdaddyvw185
01-29-2014, 08:12 PM
I have dealt with this dealer when i was searching for a 300 kit piston, and they ended up having one sitting on the shelf. I looked up on their website for a 86 350X and it seems that they may have one in stock, (at least it does not say "please call for a price" next to it). Give them a call may be with any luck they have one.
http://www.collegebikeshop.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2461464&category=ATVs&make=Honda&year=1986&fveh=131333

Here is their contact page
http://www.collegebikeshop.com/custompage.asp?pg=contact

I also have heard good things from this honda dealer.
http://www.westernhillshondayamaha.com/OEMpartfinder.htm
Good luck in the search!!

ustin666
01-30-2014, 08:15 PM
i am going give them a call tomorrow tanks

6speedthumper
01-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Talked to Greg at CWR today, he had called to tell me that my parts are on the way back. While I had him on the phone, I asked him about the quality of the Vesrah rods. He told me that they are equal to OEM rods, and that Vesrah makes many of the rods, valves, valve seals, gaskets, etc... for the manufactures. So, that OEM Honda rod may have been made by Vesrah, for Honda. In all the instances that Vesrah has made a rod for a mfg's particular bike, the mfg will require the bike to be in production for X number of years before Vesrah can market their rod under their name.

Greg told me that he has used them on the 350x, and not just for a stock rebuild either. Says that he has used them for stroker cranks as well. Has never had an issue with them. He also went on to say, that the Vesrah crank pins press in the crank webs really nice like the OEM pins do, and the bearings have always been good and tight with nice fitment.

Just a little more info I thought all would appreciate.

ustin666
02-03-2014, 12:30 PM
could i put the vesrah rod on a new oem honda bearing and pin ?

Dirtcrasher
02-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Geez, I hate to speculate; However, with you having the pin and all the bearings I think you may be 100% AOK.

Worst case, we all learn something; So, I wish you the best and keep us advised or we won't know anymore that what you have learned and or shared.....

Steve
DC