PDA

View Full Version : my Tiger 500

kaymo
01-08-2015, 01:48 PM
well i posted my Tiger 500 up on craigslist for sale

i decided a while back i could not ruin the value of this machine (i chop and custom things...) and should get it to someone that has the time money and means to properly restore it.

I had been discussing a sale with a few people, considering cash and trade offers.

but then my phone got wiped- dont have contact numbers for those people anymore.

I listed it on craigslist to see what interest i might get again, and maybe find the previous owner locally. Instead of course I get a bunch of harassment

some genius on facebook started running his mouth saying i had posted a pic of it on facebook months earlier not knowing what it was. i had asked if anyone had seen one because it was a teaser. I had known what i bought since before i paid for it.... he just wanted to talk trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro about someone i guess

then another person saying i should be punched in the mouth out of "princapalities" because no one liked the price i had listed on the ad. i was told i was a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro for wanting more than 500 dollars.

then a group effort was made to flag my ad until it trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro up my craigslist account, i cannot post a new ad without it immediately getting taken down. I may have to completely redo my craiglist account because last time i got flagged like this, i couldnt post ANYTHING without it coming down. not even a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro toaster oven.

all because people were upset i was trying to sell a "rusty piece of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro" for more than they would pay for it...

I caught somewhat similar flak on this board, more about my ideas of chopping it up but probably by some of the same folks. I just need to say, you guys are really sad... nothing better to do with your life than harass someone you dont know because they have something that you dont have.

my dad is sick with cancer. he is dying. I have decided to sell this machine out of personal priorities. if you feel the need to attack me for this, then you are a sad pathetic piece of trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro and i feel bad for you. your life must REALLY suck.

I am going to list the Tiger again for sale. I do not want it to start a shitstorm this time. I do not want to be harassed for it.

if you dont like my price, dont buy it. and dont express your opinion about it, because like assh*les everyone has one, but nobody else wants to hear or see it.

if anyone has parts for this machine that would like to sell them or see them go to good use, please feel free to add your parts to my for sale post. only positive helpful posts. anything else should be kept to yourself or else i will just :lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::l ock::lock::lock:

so, this is a request for all the facebook keyboard commandos. keep your traps shut. no one cares what you have to say. please be quiet, the adults are trying to conversate

briano
01-08-2015, 01:53 PM
Some pics and a price would be a good place to start. Who's gonna know if they want it or not if they can't see it or know how much you want for it. Most people aren't just going to jump in their car and drive hundreds of miles to look at a frame and a gas tank

Bren_downe
01-08-2015, 02:04 PM
No need for pics or price, save it for the classified add.

Ya know Kaymo, I had my doubts about you after the chopping thing, but that was well put. Not trying to be a smart ass.
Good luck with the sale, hopefully it finds a good home.

kaymo
01-08-2015, 02:52 PM
yeah, briano, you obviously missed the point of this. this is not the classifieds forum, this is not the classified ad. this is the dont f*ck with my ad post, cause i dont have time for the bullsh*tters and sh*ttalkers. I couldnt even post my craigslist ad because of assholes that need to read this post before they make any more comments and trash up my future for sale post.

Bren- ive got a plasma cutter welder and machine shop... its hard not to make things they way i want them... just because i can. I dont like having something I would be afraid to drill holes in, cut up and modify. I buy older cars, junkier cars, so that I dont ever have to worry about hesitating before cutting holes for speakers or cramming a tach in the dash or cutting the steering wheel up for its hub to mount a grant GT. I knew it was valuable, but didnt realize HOW valuable till i got some offers, and realized i could completely build what i wanted from something else, and still have cash left over after selling the tiger.... its not that i wouldnt do it, buts not a financially smart decision and i need to get the most out of every project, even if it means passing the project on and working on another one with its funds

i appreciate the comment, i didnt think you were being a smart ass. i would wonder about someone chopping something so valuable when they could chop something worth less and build basically the same thing, but when you see how beefy the tiger 500 axle is in person, its really hard not to want to keep it haha

R-N-D
01-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Just my opinion, do whatever the hell you want with it. People are definitely entitled to their "Wrong" opinion. If they don't like it, too bad. It's yours and you do with it what you will. If they think it should stay the way it is, then they should Buy-it. Money talks and most people who bash you don't have the money nor do they have the balls to confront you other than through the internet. Those who bash you for the price you ask for it, obviously they don't know it's value or they just can't afford it and hope that you'll bring it down so that they can essentially try and steal it from you. I never worry about what others have to say about me or what I'm doing. Again, if they don't like it, then don't buy it, don't waste your time with it, try and do something bit more positive other than being miserable is what I suggest to them. And, I've been flagged before on CL too and I always thank those who did it because I'll post it again and it moves right back to the top. I've also called them out and asked them to meet me and we can talk in person. 99% of the time, they no longer respond.

I had the same thing happen to me here too when I decided that I was going to paint the plastics on my BR. Someone bashed me for even thinking of it and said that I didn't deserve to even own it. Well, that inspired me to go ahead with it since I wasn't out to please anyone on here other than myself. I wasn't looking to keep it original nor was I here to sell it or make it look more appealing to them. I was simply trying to make it the way I wanted to and like what it was I have. Plus, the plastics were so scratched up, I thought it was better for it anyhow. My initial point was to get some suggestions from those who have painted theirs in the past. Not the morons who decided it was best for me to be crucified instead. But, in the end, I didn't care about those guys but half expected those types of reactions. You have to know that is coming when you put it out into a public forum of some sort. So, my suggestion is to do with it what you will and what you feel is best. Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. It will all work itself out at some point or another. I'd love to see some pics of what you have as well. Best of luck.

bkm
01-08-2015, 04:24 PM
If I remember correctly, Mickey Dunlap wanted to buy this way back when. Contact him unless that ship has already sailed?

ATC NUT
01-09-2015, 01:00 PM
I had sent you some texts about it some time ago ..My mother in law lives in Hudson...I still would like to see it ..although I don't think I have the money to restore it..I just started a atc 500r project...But my advice is don't worry about what people say..and don't compromise If you are set on x amount of dollars don't take less...Until you are ready If you want to cut it up do it...it's yours