PDA

View Full Version : Rod bearings seized in 200 x

superman
03-22-2004, 11:41 AM
ok I'm still pretty much new to this forum, and I know how everyone hates to see the same thing posted over and over again, but ive checked the search engine on this site to try to help me first and found some of the answers i need ,but not all ,for changing the rod bearings or I guess thats what there called on a 200x , this is a spare bike i picked up for FREE, and it had a blown engine, so i decided to try fixing the problem myself with no prior engine rebuilding expierence just some car engine knowledge , I figured the bike was free what the hay, so I pulled the engine, dissasembled from top down, everything looked fine, till i got the head off and could see the rod is basically seized to the crank , so now I need to split the cases, which i found out from search, I'll need a flywheel puller , and a special tool for the clutch , any other special tools i might be missing to do this job? and will the crank have to be pressed out or should i be able to do this? any help with changing this rod would greatly be appreciated.