PDA

View Full Version : 85/86 Honda 250R Owners -- Please Read

350Kris
07-23-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm working with Clarke Mfg. to get them to make an aftermarket plastic tank for the 85/86 Honda 250R. Currently, OEM tanks are discontinued and only IMS makes an aftermarket version -- larger capactity and very ugly looking. Clarke Mfg. makes good plastics tanks and are fairly priced. I need your help to convince them to start production of a 250R tank.

If you are a 85/86 250R owner (or soon to be owner) and are interested in possibly purchasing a Clarke aftermarket tank, please reply with your name, location, and phone number. I will compile the list and use it for negotiations with Clarke Mfg. The more people we have, the better! Billy, can we sticky this?

Thanks!

Kris Yagel / El Paso, TX / 915-822-2540

350Kris
07-26-2004, 08:32 AM
No one is interested in a new tank for their R?...that's cool.

Dirtcrasher
07-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Used "R" tanks fetch about 60$ and up and with a little work they can match stock plastics pretty well. Every time I buy aftermarket plastic I get a different shade of red. Maybe a white tank would be nice, but then that turns yellow so I don't want that either.

You should be able to find some more people interested but good luck getting the cash out of them.