PDA

View Full Version : Tonka Toy! ATC200, circa 1982.....

MO350X
12-10-2004, 05:13 PM
My mom was digging through an old toy box at her place and found this little jewel.
From my younger days. :D
Don't mind me pushing it around right now making motor sounds. he he he

It's about 4" long, 2.5" tall and 2.5" wide.
The red portion is metal (the forks are plastic), the rest is black plastic.

Made by TONKA and has 1982 on it.

Cool little thing.

It has two little yellow knobs on the top that act like "shifters".
You rev up the little friction motor then push one of them and it takes off.
Cool.
Sure brings back some fond memories.
:p :Bounce

Sure wish I could find that Honda ATC playing card set that is floating around over there..... :rolleyes:

350x'inNY
12-10-2004, 05:31 PM
MO.... Wow that brings back memories!! I had one of those toys back in the day. I wonder where mine ended up??? :cry:

You revved it and the one button was a 'low' range, the other was a 'high' range. It was awesome!

I might have some items to trade ya! :naughty:

Bruce

ScottZJ
12-10-2004, 05:33 PM
I got something similar to those. Mine are stomper like but they are battery powered like stompers almost. One of mine has a rider on it and the other doesnt. They have a nob on the back to turn it on and off.
Nice find dude, if you want to sell I would gladly take it off your hands to add to my collection........peace

http://www.fototime.com/{630FCD73-758A-47AD-8DFE-0A82CC178FF3}/picture.JPG

MO350X
12-10-2004, 05:43 PM
I got something similar to those. Mine are stomper like but they are battery powered like stompers almost. One of mine has a rider on it and the other doesnt. They have a nob on the back to turn it on and off.
Nice find dude, if you want to sell I would gladly take it off your hands to add to my collection........peace

http://www.fototime.com/{630FCD73-758A-47AD-8DFE-0A82CC178FF3}/picture.JPG

Man, I love that picture, ScottZJ.

I used to have one of those Remote Controlled Red ATC's.
Now THAT brings back some memories.
Those "authentic" ballooney tires were awesome.

Between that thing and my little trike, I have some great memories. :)

350x'inNY
12-10-2004, 05:50 PM
MO....
You find the rider guy that went with it?? His feet looped onto the pegs on the chrome side cases and this hands clamped over the handlebars. I remember just laying him out over the seat using just the handlebars and ramping him off the step into the backroom. It'd fly through the air and the rider looked like Superman! hahhahaha

Bruce

conig
12-10-2004, 07:09 PM
wow those are cool.

I have a little red three wheeler at work on my desk. It doesn;t say honda or anything, but it looks like a 84 big red without the racks. doesn;t say who made it or anything.

that one that looks like a 250r is cool as heck.

double r
12-10-2004, 08:54 PM
i have one just like that, but mine has the rider and is also still in the box. in perfect shape.

MO350X
12-10-2004, 10:20 PM
i have one just like that, but mine has the rider and is also still in the box. in perfect shape.

Now THAT is a gem!
I have NO idea where my rider went.
Remember....this thing was used as a toy a LOT by FOUR boys! :D

double r
12-11-2004, 02:43 PM
i know what you mean. still looks to be in good shape tho. :)

Howdy
12-11-2004, 03:16 PM
I got a few toys myself ( including the 200 Big Red one ). I need to get a picture of them all together. I feel my collection is small compared to ScottZJ. He has most, if not all of us beat.
Howdy

ScottZJ
12-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Hehehe :w00t:

Yeah I have an extensive collection. I am building a nice glass case to put them in for display in my room soon. I need a few more things to hang on the walls to really make it look great. I have a lady that is going to custom make me a boarder with 3 wheelers. I just have to get some action pics for her to use as a template............peace