PDA

View Full Version : 1985 250 big red

farmer mike
01-28-2005, 04:36 PM
found a pair of em in a barn. adult owned, in storage for 10 years. they bought em and never used em. I'd be surprised if either machine has any where near 100 hrs on it. They told me to put a price on em and take em home. I have heard through gossip they offered em to a fella for 1500 for the pair. I was thinking along that price??? any thoughts, input?

bigredhead
01-28-2005, 04:39 PM
both for 1500 would be a steal.. go for it !

NOW !

ClayW
01-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Definately as steal. But you shouldnt buy them. Just give me their address and I will make sure you dont get ripped off. I will buy them and then you wont have to wonder if you got ripped or not. :D K!! :naughty:

bigredhead
01-28-2005, 05:06 PM
on a serious note tho.

bring a flashlight and check the inside of the gas tanks for rust.

You might have to rebuild the carbs ( cheap ) check the condition of the tires, i bet they are flat, unless jacked up on the frame. Check the oil...

Cables might be seized up, check those. Batteries will probably be shot, and the seats brittle and cracked.. but all that is fixable.. and they are good bikes.

The more things wrong you find, the lower the bid !

grundlegrabber
01-28-2005, 08:15 PM
If they offered them to a guy for $1500 and they're still there, maybe they are willing to take a little less. The less you pay, the more $$ you have left to spend on parts!! Give 'em a lowball, if they don't like it go up to 1500.