PDA

View Full Version : Project 300 back on track.

a-camp
02-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Lost my net for a week so have not been posting. I have been working on the trike the whole time. 1st carb would not fit in frame. New DG pipe did not fit (hit head ) , and skid plate. So after 3 manifolds I put the stock pipe , manifold , air box . and filter on. Ran good. Finally got the new stock bend manifold for the new 38MM flat slide. And new cool thumb throttle (owner scared of new twist ). And DG did not have a pipe for the 300 cyl.?????? Well the guys at Trinity told us to cut some fins down on the head and the pipe would fit. Not my way but the owner said go for it so I did. It worked just need to work on block clearance . Well i just fired it up. Wow my friend needs a better helmet. Ill keep posted on Pres day drags..

vartiak15
02-03-2005, 11:28 PM
wow looks good. wish i could come by a nice trike like that around norther IL. thats my favorite bike. 1983/84 250r. and with them mods done to it, omg, is all i got to say. nice work. so u are rebuilding this for a friend?

a-camp
02-04-2005, 12:02 AM
yes , I put hours and hours working on my friends bikes for the fun. I love problem solving and going fast. As long as they keep the $ for the parts coming in I am in to it . The rule is when your out of project $ you need to ride it and make room for the next bros bike. Everyone has a project in mind its whos got the cash to bring it over. I always make it as tight as possible and fast as well . Which put me in second,May drop to third on this one. lol. I would restore any bike in camp I could get my hands on for free. Weird ha ???

350x'inNY
02-04-2005, 01:16 AM
I'll be starting my own little 300R project..... :naughty: Supposively out of a running trike... has tons of compression and the carb looks clean! :beer

Bruce

a-camp
02-04-2005, 09:39 AM
Nice . I will help you anyway possible. Jets ECT. Looks like you have the right manifold ..

twgranger
02-04-2005, 10:10 AM
How is the power diffrence? Do you notice alot?

a-camp
02-04-2005, 02:21 PM
Its not scarry fast letting out the cluch . It sounds great verry snappy and has lots of bootom end. Dont know about top end RPMs at this time. I think it will do good on the steep hill we race on .