PDA

View Full Version : YT60 carb

chewbacca
07-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey gang,
Haven't posted in a while...been in hospital again. Glad to home but have found upon my return that the kids little 1984 YT60 is acting up and not wanting to idle or start easily. Here is what I have to done thus far to alleviate the problem but to no avail:

1.) Drained old gas from tank and carb.
2.) Cleaned and gapped spark plug and confirmed spark OK.
3.) Cleaned air box foam filter element. (This one IS foam) Maybe not OEM
4.) Adjusted both carb screws through every single combination of settings. (Lean/Rich/Lean/Rich)
5.) Pulled carb and checked float for leaks or holes (none found)
6.) Checked all needles including inlet valve under float for wear and/or contamination. (none found)
7.) Reassembled and problem persists

I am about at wits here and the kids are driving me nuts to fix it but I am at a loss. Got a Honda ATC70 complete restoration in the works but I need a decent head for that engine, so I am really in a jam. Could the YT60 problem be the fuel pump? Does anyone have a good Honda ATC70 head for sale? Either way could solve my problems!

Peace!!!

Jason Hall
07-10-2005, 08:43 PM
Did the choke cable break in the middle of the cable case? Pull the carb top off & work the choke lever & see if the part in the carb is moving. Are you sure the pilot jet is clear? Was the idol being held by the cable & not the idle screw, And somebody mess with the cable adjustment, & are you sure you are turning the rite screws the rite way?

42F67N
07-10-2005, 11:12 PM
If * cant fix the carb a good alternative to rebuilding it is using a pw 50 carb its the same.

chewbacca
07-11-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the reply guys...

Yes Jason, the carb choke cable is actually moving the choke piston at the carb so the cable is fine. I will try shooting some gumout down the pilot jet to make sure it is clear. Which screw is the idle screw? Is it the one with the philips head and spring just above and to the right of the fuel inlet or the slotted one near the rear of the carb? I do not have a manual on this engine so I am adjusting these things blindly. If I can't repair easily and relatively inexpensively I will be forced to put the dang thing on ebay and I know I will not be able to get my investment $$$ back out of it.

42F67N...dude, I don't know what a pw50 is!! But I see you have a 1985 Honda ATC 70/90. You got a good clean 70/90 head layin' round ?

42F67N
07-11-2005, 09:54 PM
a pw 50 is yamahas lil 2 stroke dirtbike the carb is identical to that of a tri zinger,i just sold the cylinder head fo a atc 70 a few weeks ago sorry,i have a good 50cc head though not that its gonna help you though.

http://www.yocracing.com/graphics/2003/sales/thumbs/03PW50_1.jpg

G-MAN-1
07-11-2005, 10:13 PM
i have worked on them plenty. check you all your wiring connections. i have found that they get wet alot and hold back firing correctly. also make sure your start and run switch works on the throttle

Jason Hall
07-12-2005, 11:18 AM
The front screw with the spring is the idle screw. Set your air screw (back screw) to 1 to 1.5 turns out then set your idle (front screw) & fine tune your idle with the air screw. One more thing, change the plug with a new plug. I have re-tuned my carbs & found that a bum plug was the problem the entire time. Make sure the holes in the rear of the carb are open also, blow air through them with the jets out.

tri-zinger
05-05-2007, 04:44 PM
I have a yamaha tri-zinger yt60n 3 wheeler. I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of the carb/ throttle assembly at the carb. Someone detached the throttle cable from the carb, and I don't know how to hook it back up. It would be nice if someone could post a picture.

tri-zinger
05-06-2007, 01:38 PM
heres a pic of the carb
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c65/JermGerm3/tri-zingercarb.jpg