PDA

View Full Version : My new project. (85 Tri Z)

jsimonh
08-07-2005, 12:03 AM
I just finished my AutoX and decided that I needed something bigger. I bought this off of the original owner last week. He gave me the original title, receipt, and service/owner's manual for it. I'm very excited about it, but I'm going to have tons of questions. I hope everyone is ready for them. :D :beer

1st question is Yamalube is the only local 2stroke oil available. Is this OK? The people in my area are running it 37/1

2nd I took the airbox off so the filter is completly exposed. I was thinking of adding a Dial A Jet. Would that be a good move? It seems to be running lean.

3rd I love my new beast :D :naughty: ;) :beer :TrikesOwn

Dammit!
08-07-2005, 12:37 AM
2nd I took the airbox off so the filter is completly exposed...

It seems to be running lean.

Put the airbox lid back on. :p

Seriously, running without the lid will allow for more airflow. Either jet up to match it or put the lid back on. Check your jetting regardless though.

twgranger
08-07-2005, 09:35 AM
I have a dial-a-jet on my Z and it works great. I run with no lid also but im jetted for it.

Derrick Adams
08-07-2005, 09:39 AM
How come it has different colored body parts in every picture?

twgranger
08-07-2005, 09:42 AM
How come it has different colored body parts in every picture?It's that new color that changes colors on different angles. :D

edog
08-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Aw,the camelion will call it.

jsimonh
08-07-2005, 04:35 PM
When I first got it, it had a white front fender. So the 1st and last photos are of it right after I got it. The middle one is after I sanded and used Fusion (black) paint on it. Right now the rear fenders are also black, but I didn't have any pics of it like that.

Dammit!
08-07-2005, 04:38 PM
When I first got it, it had a white front fender. So the 1st and last photos are of it right after I got it. The middle one is after I sanded and used Fusion (black) paint on it. Right now the rear fenders are also black, but I didn't have any pics of it like that.

You had a factory white front Tri-Z fender and you painted it black?! :confused:

twgranger
08-07-2005, 05:46 PM
You had a factory white front Tri-Z fender and you painted it black?! :confused:
Was wondering the same thing? Them are getting hard to find.