PDA

View Full Version : Hello from newbie

mudbogger
11-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Hi, I just recently acquired a 350x from Ebay-I had many years ago owned and ridden my 350x but sold it due to personal reasons, I have long missed it and decided recently to purchase 1 again,(very happy) the quad scene didnt meet my fancy.I have many questions to ask but do not have to much knowledge on the site, etc here.Where can 1 post wanted ads here and also, I have some questions here in regards to rear bearing carriers and axles for my 350x-they need replacing immed but I am confused as to some of my options,thanks guys and Im looking forward to riding/meeting all of you in the future.:w00t:

Tri-ZNate
11-27-2005, 12:22 PM
:welcome: to the other side. Any tech questions go here and any ads go in the classified section.

freewheel3
11-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Welcome to the site.
Post your want ads in the Classifieds forum & post your questions regarding your trike in the Trikesvlvania forum.
Someone here will be able to help you out for sure.
PS. Post some pics of that bad boy when you can.

edog
11-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Welcome to 3wheelerworld.

Vealmonkey
11-27-2005, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the site. Many people have helped me with many things. I too have a 350x and it is a blast. Good luck with your 350x, post pictures.

mudbogger
11-27-2005, 12:37 PM
WOW-thanks for the quick reply and Info-:).I have a number of questions-lets start with the first-I am in need of new bearings in my carrier, I remember in the past that we typically changed out the bearing carriers and axles with heavy duty 1's like Durablue-etc,what are my options as too manufacturers of these and should I replace both the bearing carrier and axle?#2-My exhaust is in bad shape, I would like to purchase an aftermarket exhaust with head pipe,what are you guys using these days and wheres a good place to shop for a complete kit with jets, etc?Is there a memebr here who sells to the group that I can purchase from to help the group by chance?I see Dennis Kirk has listing for DG, white bros,but I would like to research more before buying.Thanks for your replies in advance.

dovesprings250R
11-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Many companies still offer heavy duty axle carriers with tapered or double row bearings which are strong and nicer than stock. I see ads for them in dirt wheels magazine every month. You don't need to replace the axle with the carrier but a new, stronger, wider axle would make your x handle real nice. Lot'sof exhaust systems still around too. DG makes a decent four stroke one for the x but see what x owners on this sit are running as I am all 2 stroke. Welcome aboard!

firehart
11-27-2005, 02:27 PM
Hi and welcome,
I can't imagine what a 350x is like riding. My 200x has plenty of power for me. I just started ATC/ATV riding this spring. So you could say that I am still a newbie. Yesterday I picked up some inner tubes so I can pull the grandkids around on the snow. My 200x is all stock. I guess I should check the bearings and see if they are worn.

85 200x all stock

mudbogger
11-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Many companies still offer heavy duty axle carriers with tapered or double row bearings which are strong and nicer than stock. I see ads for them in dirt wheels magazine every month. You don't need to replace the axle with the carrier but a new, stronger, wider axle would make your x handle real nice. Lot'sof exhaust systems still around too. DG makes a decent four stroke one for the x but see what x owners on this sit are running as I am all 2 stroke. Welcome aboard!

Can you use a lets say a Durablue or aftermarket brand axle with the stock carrier?Do you have any links to companies that I would be able to purchase a heavy duty axle online?Also-is ROCKY MTN pretty much the best place to purchase tires and rims for my 350x?I was considering beadlocks for it-too much/not necessary?I ride mostly trails,coal pits in the East coast,sometimes rocky terrian, but not to much sand-have anybody here tryed/used the GBC Dirt Devils or the Maxxis Sure Traks?

dovesprings250R
11-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Yes, you can use aftermarket axles with the stock carrier. RPM makes one for sure. I'm at work today but when I get home tonight I'll post here with some company info. Rocky mountain is real good. Service honda is best for oem stuff. I don't run beadlocks even out here in all the rocks. I think they are a waste of cash but do look cool. I'd get some nice black ones if I ever do. I don't have any experience with those tires and If it is ever muddy out by me the devil is wearing ice skates. Dirt devils look good though. Check here tonight I'll get that axle info if you don't get it sooner...Dove

mudbogger
11-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Great thanks much for your help, I didn't even remember RPM -LOL-i MUST BE SHOWING MY AGE HERE-I was on ROCKY MTN site earlier and see they have some limited full exhaust, but would like to here product reviews from you guys first before buying a system, does DG make the best?White Bros,FMF?I would like it to have the capabilities to have/come with a spark arrestor seeing as I do ride on state parkland and it is required in some cases.Also, I see this company called COBRA are they reputable?Does there systems fit on well like the others?

monster 84r
11-27-2005, 05:58 PM
if theres dents in the pipe, you can always fix them yourself. i remember a while back a member used an air compressor and acetylene torch to fix it. he pressurized the insize of the pipe by pluging one end and filling the other with air.

while the pressure built inside the pipe, he used the torch to warm up the dented spots. once they heated up, they poped out.

it ended up looking great. just a thought.

mudbogger
11-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Hi, thanks for the reply, the pipe I currently have on my 350 x is a stock header pipe which has dents and appears to be rusted badly and a slip-on silencer which is not the correct silencer for the pipe, the mounts do not match at all and it is leaking badly, it appears the previous owner just installed for the sale to be honest-it needs replacing immed-thanks for the imput though!!!!:p

BigGreenMachine
11-27-2005, 07:52 PM
You can use your stock carrier with the Durablue axle and vise versa. Try www.denniskirk.com and do the make/model/year search for your 350X in the right side of the screen. You'll be given a list of parts like shocks, wheels, bearings and exhausts for your bike. I've found them really good to deal with. Also the stock TRX450R exhaust fits your 350X with a couple little cutting and welding mods. Do a seach on this forum for it and you should find it, MO350X posted it. For tires everyone seems to recommend Maxxis All Tracs as they perform well everywhere.

Welcome to the boards and I hope you stick around.

dovesprings250R
11-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Rad mfg makes axle carriers for stock or aftermarket axles for the 350 x. Durablue still makes axles. WWW.RADMFG.COM FOR THE CARRIER INFO....dOVE

atctim
12-01-2005, 08:40 AM
Your best and cheapest option in my opinion is to do this (it's what I did). Get a bearing carrier from ebay for a 250X / 300EX / 400EX (same carrier 4 all 3 machines and cheaper because of availablility). Then you'll have to get a rear sprocket and the 4 mounting bolts for a 1986 350X (from you local Honda dealer - not that expensive) to make it work. The 1985 rear sprocket bolts won't clear the carrier. You'll have roughly $150 - $175 into the whole set up. Just my opinion!