PDA

View Full Version : boysen rad valve or v force witch is better fo a 85250r

on1 250r
11-29-2005, 07:15 PM
what do * guys think???????

Jason Hall
11-29-2005, 07:17 PM
I like the V-force myself. Great throttle response & power.

NOS_350X
11-29-2005, 10:23 PM
I have ran both on my 98 Yz and i like the Rad. It rips on the top, and no sacrafice on the bottom or mid. The vforce just wasnt what i wanted, didnt have enough on the top for my taste.

Mike Fort Laud
11-29-2005, 11:50 PM
I shopped long and hard on mine and deceided to go with the Rad Valve. The V-Force is just a red cage. The Rad Valve is the intake boot and everything. Why put the V Force cage on a stock intake boot. Get the Rad valve.

RideRed250R
11-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Ok, as i have worked at a Motocyle Dealer and TRINITY RACING, i will through in my two cents.... The Rad valve is a drop in mod... striaght from the box to the cylinder.. nothning must be done... the V force how ever is alittle different. The V Force is a fully adjustiable reed cage allowing the consumer the choice of where the power will be (y they are number one sellers with bashee owners, you can litterly pick where you wont the power). From low end torque, To Low to Mid, Mid to Top. or plain top end performance.. you have the choice.. yes it does take time to read the manuel and fiddle with the Vforce alittle, but for the racer in mind who wants all performance he can get at the best bang for the buck its the VFOrce... as for the rad vavle coming with a "intake boot" its just a molded tubing that fits better wtih the valve... in that case it works better then the stock boot... but many who run the VForce up grade intakes... which you can get for your 250R. or you can run the stock tubing...remeber you can only flow as much air as your carb so even if you have a big ole intake manifold. doesnt mean you will flow more air. it just gives you the option of having a larger carb to get the full power potential out of your combination.
Adam

NOS_350X
11-30-2005, 01:42 AM
I get irritated with all your post "i worked for trinity so i know." You freaked sweped floors and answer phones. If trinity was so good your 2 bikes would have trinity motors in them.

We also have to rember v force has the Delta, delta 2 and delta 3. When i went to change the reeds in mine (delta 3) i had to order them, The boysen ones are pluntiful all the shops near me have the reeds in stock.

RideRed250R
11-30-2005, 02:43 PM
well iam sorry if it irrates you that i happen to have experience with certain products and give a some one professional opinion. beleive it or not trinity doest hand out their work... even if you are a employee they give you a 15% discount, but its about the same as the average joe that comes in.. i had better things to spend the money on at that point in time (I.E transportation). but anyways.... you can B*tch all you want... V-force is a great reed box but... for those wanting a out of the box. no adjustment reed cage get a Rad Valve... i personally love my V-force and thats my opinion
Adam

AZ250R
11-30-2005, 04:31 PM
V-Force Duner Here!!!:beer

Mr. Sandman
11-30-2005, 07:49 PM
I wouldn't say either one is any better than the other. Either one will work well, they each have their own characteristics. Personally, I run a Rad Valve.

ChrisD
11-30-2005, 10:16 PM
I run a modified KX500 Rad Valve in my 330. I had the intake honed to match the diameter of the carb (40.5mm)

I run a 250R Rad Valve on my other bike that was honed to match the 39mm carb.

I have been very happy with the setup. Both motors breathe well. My bikes are both built for mid-top anyway, so RideRed's coments probably make sense. Then again, I have never compained about the low end power of the R.

RideRed250R
12-01-2005, 01:12 AM
Different strokes for different folks... like i said rad valve out of the box is GREAT value.... but with a little work the Vforce can perform in a class that is higher then the PT pyramid cage, ESR reeds just they work very well... but do what you like... i saw you can get a RAD valve for plenty cheap in the classified so heck go ahead and get it... i have a rad valve in my air R and a V force in my waterpumper and love both... just favor the Vforce..
Adam