PDA

View Full Version : I ain't been around in a while....Just an update on a few things

ATC crazy
03-11-2006, 08:42 PM
I've been sick for the past week. I think I got that bug that everyone says has been going around. Been laying on the couch all day long from Sunday night to Thursday morning, when I had to take a drug test for a job I might be getting...

Which brings me to my next point. I had an interview at the Coka-Cola bottleing plant last Thursday, took their drug test this past Thursday (been on medicine for the whole week, so I told them about that). I just hope I didnt get too much second hand smoke the weekend before. Although I havent smoked "it" in 9-12 months. I havent heard back from them since. I would start at $10.75/hr and be over $12/hr in 9 months (I dont know what I would be doing there in the warehouse)

I also had an interview today at the Orvis warehouse. It lasted all of 10 minutes, and he said I had the job. :w00t: Starts out at $9.50/hr, :rolleyes: but after 60 days I could get a raise. I will be driving a forklift (order picker), and the interviewer basically said that this is a cake job. You get a list each day of items to pick or stock, go to the location, scan the item, throw it in a box, and take it to another location. Eeeeeeaasssssyyyyyyy!
But, It is second shift, 4/5pm-midnight, and he said that he will work around my scedule...which I've only got 1-2 days a week that it might be a problem.

So Im gunna wait until Monday and call Coke to see if they have my drug test back and to see if they have made any decisions. If they do, I will see if they have choosen me and I will have to see what kind of work I would be doing. If not, I will be working at Orvis next week (which I probably will be anyways).

In other news. Im selling the Foreman to a friend in a month or so (when he gets his truck paid off), and I will most likely be buying a dirtbike. Either a '01-'02 YZ426F or a '05-'06 WR450. By then, I should know what this job is going to be like, and I'm thinking of buying brand new too.

chris200x
03-11-2006, 09:32 PM
un huh... that "second hand smoke" will get you everytime. :D I wish there were good jobs like that around here. we do have 2 large industrial plants but it seems like if your last name isn't fernandez or rodriguz you dont get the job! :mad:

Personally I've been stuck at the same dead end job for that last dozen years or so. Work is SSSLLLOOOWW this time of year but with the warmeer weather coming i'll be real busy. I clean carpets and upholstry, strip and wax tile floors and yes scrub the occasional crapper. :rolleyes: Good luck to you in whatever THEY decide. :beer

200x Basket
03-11-2006, 10:00 PM
goto school for a surg tech or x-ray tech and make 2.5 times that in 2 years.

ATC crazy
03-13-2006, 05:39 PM
:w00t: :Bounce Well....I got the job at Coka-Cola. I think I will take this one, because it pays more ($10.75 for a first job aint bad!), and it's part-time. Probably 4/5 to 9/10 PM, where as Orvis wanted me there 5-midnight. I can get my schoolwork in and still have playtime...which is what I really need. :D

I will be building pallets. Throwing the Coke products on a pallet and wrapping it, and probably be using a forklift to take it to the truck. Very similar to what I would have been doing at Orvis, but Orvis is A LOT more laid back and its an easier and more simple job.

No...I wont pee in any of your soda bottles :lol:

Wickedfinger
03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Well....I got the job at Coka-Cola.You better learn how to spell it first .... lol. Congrats on the new job though.

ATC crazy
03-14-2006, 05:14 PM
You better learn how to spell it first .... lol. Congrats on the new job though.

I realized what I had done after I posted it...(I was staring at my bottle of Sprite after I posted), and was just too lazy to go back and correct it. :lol:

Anyways...I go in Thursday for orientation at Coca-Cola

grundlegrabber
03-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Cool! You got the job- that means you can go back to smokin the green stuff again:lol: Make sure you spend some of that hard-earned $$ on trike stuff!

MichiganRedneck
03-15-2006, 10:49 AM
chris200x, thats the way it is around here. if you dont have a hispanic last name, you dont get the job. thats the way it seems at least. :wondering :(

ATC crazy
03-15-2006, 07:04 PM
Make sure you spend some of that hard-earned $$ on trike stuff!

I would if I had a trike. Heh....mabye I'll get one once I get a few other things I've had my eye on for a while. (dirtbike, lift & engine for truck....things like that :D )