PDA

View Full Version : 84 Tecate water in crankcase! HELP ASAP

tecate kid
04-16-2006, 01:29 PM
I rode my Tecate tonight and when I unlaoded it there was oil in the bed of the truck, didn't think about it to much, just added some oil and took it out for a quick ride. When I stopped in the shed I had a bunch grayish ( I know that means water in the oil) oil coming out the crankcase vent:( I then proceeded to open the Radiator up and noticed a lot of bubles, low water level, and what looked like oil specs. Oh and it was leaking out by the front spocket. It ran good, and didn't seem to have anything odd going on, so am I looking at just a top end or am I gonna have to rebuild the whole damn thing:wondering Let me know.
tecate kid

scooterroo
04-16-2006, 07:54 PM
sounds like your gonna need seals. might as well do the whole thing.

tecate kid
04-17-2006, 12:42 AM
What seals? Cranckseals or just top end gaskets? The motor is fairly new as in less than 20hrs, so all I should need is the gaskets. Please let me know so I can fix this thing and actually ride it:cry:
tecate kid

ATCWRENCH
04-17-2006, 11:27 AM
you will need to change your water pump seal. not a hard job. do you have a manual? if not go to www.repairmanuals.com and look up the 84-5 tecates. I ordered one from them and its a reproduction factory manual. its a wire bound book but it tells you everything you need to know.

tecate kid
04-17-2006, 10:10 PM
So its just that seal? Will need to tear it all apart anyway? I want to ride it this weekend so I am trying to get all the info needed asap! Oh and I need to install the shifter shaft I just got in the mail. Come on guys I know there are more people who can help me on this.
tecate kid

BigGreenMachine
04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
I'll get internal pics for you tomorrow if I find some double A's...I have mine down to the crank now.

RideRed250R
04-18-2006, 02:22 AM
we will hope its just that seal, if not your screwed, your lucky you didnt throw a rod, but you might have spun the bearings.... water makes stuff grab unlike oil, so you could have pulled a rebuild on yourself and not even known
Adam

tecate kid
04-18-2006, 02:26 AM
Well when I shut it off there was no funny noises, the motor was running like it alwayts has and there was enough oil in the bottom end that it mixed quite well and was still "oil". I will be checking all that when I do fix it, I just need to know what to look for!. Believe me, I have thrown rods and locked stuff up before, this wasn't even close to that!
tecate kid