PDA

View Full Version : Do or Dont They Work

Rustytinhorn
02-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I have read multiple threads about interchanging bearing and seals from 250r and trx250r but I cant get a clear answer.
I am trying to rebuild my the pivot point where the swingarm connects to the frame of an '85 250r. I can purchase all oem parts but it will cost a fortune. Will the '86 Trx250R swingarm kits such as Pivot Works and All Balls work on my 250r swingarm?? I cross-refrenced the part numbers on bikebandit between an "85 250r and an '86 TRX250r and the bearing, seals, and collars all are the same. But then why dont the catalouges list the Atc250 also??? I know this has been killed a bunch, but please help!!!

x.system
02-18-2007, 08:37 PM
85atc to 87 trx 250r are all the same when it comes to the pivot area.

grundlegrabber
02-18-2007, 09:26 PM
Yes, the Pivot Works kit for the '86-87 TRX250R is the same as the '85 ATC. Pivot works just didn't think it was important enought to list that application, since nobody has those old trikes anymore:lol: Were you able to get the swingarm bolt out??

Rustytinhorn
02-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Thanks guys for the verification. Ya I undid the nut and pulled the bolt out with my fingers. Maybe the ease had something to do with the fact the the previous owner forgot to put the sleeves back on,:wondering hence I'm trying to properly rebuild it now. I was hoping I could order a trx kit that came with new sleeves, so thats good news.
The eye on my metal dust seals doesn't fit real snug agains tthe bolt, they are loose. Are they prone to wear or is that normal?? Thanks