PDA

View Full Version : Atc 200m 85

Drockstar
08-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey all,

I have an 85 200M. Just had a full rebuild done on my motor 20 over. Also I just had put in a Carb kit. I threw the motor back in and put the carb on and went to start it and ran about half throttle... Well, I choked it to make it run a little slower to hopefully turn some jets to make it idle down but I think I flooded it.... The piston for the throttle (don't know the name) is turned right to go all the way down... I have the 2 jets on the carb about 1 1/2 turns out to use as a starting point. Where should they be? And is there an idle adjustment on it? Any help would be great... I don't want to blow it up before it is broke in....LOL

Drockstar
08-12-2007, 12:59 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

dreadhed
08-12-2007, 05:40 PM
There is a idle screw on the neck of the carb. Your jets should be all the way in, not a couple of turns out....are you talking about the air mixture screw? I think it is suppose to be out about 2.5 turns as the starting point. Do you have a manual?

Drockstar
08-12-2007, 09:19 PM
I got it, thanks!!!! I think I need to lean it out a little, seems a little doggy on acceleration... But I think I might wait until I have it broke in....

How much work would it be to add a manual clutch like on the 200X? Would the whole case have to be swapped? Or maybe just the clutch and cover? I never had the bottom opened up on it...

dreadhed
08-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I don't even know if you could put a manual clutch on in. I am sure it would be a lot of work. It would be easier to use a X motor.

Drockstar
08-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it is a lot of work... It was just an idea.... Thanks for the response!!

Russell 350X
08-14-2007, 10:45 PM
I dont think a manual clutch can be put in that at all, just a 200X motor.Your gonna want that carb tuned in perfect for the break in too.

jeffatc250r
08-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Is your throttle cable routed wrong?

Drockstar
08-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I got it running and idling good now... The reason it was high was just where it was set at... When I got the wheeler, the head gaskets were bad and it would not idle at all... They must have had it turned in to far, I replaced that set screw, when I put the kit in, I set it to where the old one was and that was way to high... I leaned it out a little, I'll keep pulling the plug to see how its burning... My other problem now.... (I'm just full of them)!!! When I hold the shifter up or down between gears I don't have neutral or clutch feeling, I know my old wheeler years ago did, seems like when I down shift while braking, it shifts rough... Is that one of the clutches? It will idle in first and second gears (have not tried the others)....

Thank again all for all the responses, You all know your stuff!!!!

Drockstar

atctim
08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
you need to adjust your clutch. To do this - see this thread - response #2 (by: Howdy)

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=42659&highlight=adjust+clutch