PDA

View Full Version : running poorly

Brownie45021
08-24-2007, 12:57 AM
Heres the situation ill try to explain my best. I was having timing problems so i got the timing situated and the wiring was all redone so i am ready to fire her up for the first time after the rebuld. THe only way to start it mind you is to pop start it cause the pull start broke. I put it in 3rd and pushed away and she wanted to fire but no go. I tried it again and gave her a little gas and at a bout a quarter throttle it will stay running for like 10 seconds but more or less then that it dies rite out but when it is running it runs like a top no backfiring or nething so i know its timed rite. what could be the problem?

84honda200s
08-24-2007, 01:38 AM
odds are if your timing is dead on could be either valve adjustment or carb adjustment. thats all i can think of. my suggestion is try to get a recoil asap. that way you can start it the way it should be started. it will also give the engine a chance to warm up instead of starting and trying to move a trike in 3ed gear all at once while its cold.

just my 2 cents

kwbyfrmhell
08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
stupid things like worn out springs in your rotor could also do it

Brownie45021
08-25-2007, 12:30 AM
i was told if my timing is like a tooth off it will run barely or not at all so ill go back and look