PDA

View Full Version : Question about 86 tecate

Gameover
09-20-2007, 03:40 AM
I just got this 86 t-3 and i'm wondering if the exhaust on it is the correct one because it does not seem to line up to any mounting holes and it bends out ward at the tail end of the pipe , just doesnt look right to me , the bike runs great just needs allot of cosmitic work as you can see , anyway was hoping some of you tecate guys could tell me if i have the correct pipe on it or ?

Thanks !!

brrcuda
09-20-2007, 06:07 AM
looks like a stock expansion chamber routed outside the frame with possibly the wrong/incorrect silencer. The exp chamber has the 4 grommets near the stinger - looks stock to me. Try to run the stinger inside (remount) the frame bar and see if it lines up better with the silencer and frame.

Post some more pics - looks like you got a nice collection there. That tecate is in nice shape.

scooterroo
09-20-2007, 07:16 AM
nice start you got there, sweet looking 85 in the background too. i agree with cuda on this, re route and mount the pipe inside the frame and get yourself a different silencer for the t3....try dg silencer, you can get one on egay for like 60 plus shipping. or directly thru dg for like 80 plus shipping. nice extended 85 axle you got in the pic also, that whole setup will bolt right up to your 86 swinger. i did the same on mine.