PDA

View Full Version : Carb issues big red

tntitan00
09-24-2007, 11:55 PM
ok my next question is i have rebuilt my stock 200es carb and no matter how i adjust it, it still bogs if i slam on the gas if i gently ease in the throttle is seems ok and even top end its fine but i was having a problem getting it to idle but i finally succeeded at that but i just cant get it to take off hard without bogging. oh and the plug is always a wet black look and from what i have gathered that means its running rich i've tryed the needle clip in all positions it doesnt seem to make a difference. any suggestions? and what do ya'll think about just replacing that carb with like a 250 carb would that help any?

stoney420
09-25-2007, 01:12 AM
do you have a service manual for it so u know the correct stock settings?
if not then heres the settings if its stock and u have the stock jets in it, the pilot screw (on bottom of carb) should be set at 1 and 7/8 turns out, and the needle clip should be on the 3rd slot down, if you want the service manual post your email or send it to me in a private message and i will send you a online manual for it, hope this helps
~Stoney~

tntitan00
09-25-2007, 06:49 PM
thanks stoney but i have the manual and thats just what i dont understand cause i did just what you told me to do plus tried the clip in every other position but the only way i can get it not to bog out is if the idle is set ridiculously high otherwise, it will die if i mash the throttle wide open could the carb just be screwed all together or could it possibly be another problem. and i have tryed new plugs each time i adjust it just to make sure i wasnt using a fouled plug. and all the componets in the carb are new. thanks for the help

stoney420
09-25-2007, 07:06 PM
im sure someone else can give ya some ideas but im not sure. the only other thing i can think of is try cleanin it again reallyyyy good