PDA

View Full Version : More Tecate mods

ccdhowell
09-27-2007, 11:09 PM
At TF this year my T3 slid on it's right side through a mud hole. No real damage done, but it did tear my factory grill a little. Well it was a good excuse for me to add a grill like I wanted. It is eighth inch aluminum with half inch holes in it. I ground off the headlight bracket and installed the grill mount on upside down. What do ya'll think?

Next is a set of G2Ergo handguards. I've been wanting these for a while and finally got around to getting a set. Look good and should work even better.

T3 LOPES
09-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Looks nice Chris. But why did you run it upside down?

ccdhowell
09-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Matt, the area where the headlight bracket was isn't ground perfectly smooth and round. I put it on right side up and it could be seen maybe too much. Turned it over and it can't be seen at all really. One thing I never noticed with this bracket, the top arms are longer than the bottom arms so that with it turned over it has more rake to it than before, looks kinda odd to me right now, but I'm sure it will grow on me.

ATC-Eric
09-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Lookin good Chris :beer

Like the tailight idea you came up with too. Down the road Ill have to add that to a bike or two.

cr480r
09-28-2007, 03:00 AM
I like the way the grill looks... did you drill the holes? or was it pre-drilled?

ccdhowell
09-28-2007, 07:34 AM
I didn't have to drill it, I had a sheet of this aluminum so I chose a place where the 4 bolt holes lined up. I used quarter inch fender washers on the back side to help hold it on.

hadar
09-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Those brush guards look great. I had a set on my 85 but they looked kind of silly with the green plastic that was on them. Front cover looks good as well but I hope it don't block too much air.

ccdhowell
09-28-2007, 10:46 PM
I have the air flow question as well, but I figured I'd give it a try. I have a water temp gauge so I'll be able to watch the temps now.

hadar
09-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I have the air flow question as well, but I figured I'd give it a try. I have a water temp gauge so I'll be able to watch the temps now.

I didn't see your temp gauge yet. Do you have any pics of it?