PDA

View Full Version : Tied up?

Nightbiker07
10-28-2007, 05:16 PM
ok, i put my stock topend on my motor till i getmy rings taken care of for my 300 kit.

it seems to be overheating, because it runs for awhile, then it just STOPS. wait 3 minutes, and it starts right back up, no problems, till it does it again.

my jetting doesnt seem to be off, one clip higher on the jet and it kills the plug fast, so i cant run it richer :(

anyone have any clues?

not too worried about it....im just taking the whole thing to the repair shop and having them put the 300 kit on it, grind the rings, and tune and jet the carb.

should i be worried about the shop tuning the carb incorrectly?

i would do it, but im sick of tearing it apart.........and i thought i had it this time, but it just aint right........

RedRider_AK
10-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Might be your coil going bad.

SYKO
10-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I would say it needs to be bored out more, air cooled motors esecially 2 strokes need more clearance for the piston and rings to expand to, and you could be sieizing the motor every time and that could be your "stoping running symtom" carefully inspect that tope end when you take it off.

Nightbiker07
10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
well syko, that top end you were interested in is TOAST..........every motor stop was a overheating tie-up..........its cool though, i still have my untouched 300 kit!!!!!!!!

waiting on my new carb and gaskets before tackling it though.

also need some jetting input. (mikuni carb, boyesen pro carbon fober reeds)

SYKO
10-28-2007, 10:20 PM
its ok I got a deal from another member! to bad though!

bigreddaddy
10-28-2007, 10:27 PM
well syko, that top end you were interested in is TOAST..........every motor stop was a overheating tie-up..........its cool though, i still have my untouched 300 kit!!!!!!!!

waiting on my new carb and gaskets before tackling it though.

also need some jetting input. (mikuni carb, boyesen pro carbon fober reeds)

So you blew your top end???

Nightbiker07
10-28-2007, 11:09 PM
naw, its not blown....it still runs, runs strong too. just makes a god-awful noise.....and the piston and cylinder walls are scored to hell, took it apart tonight after riding for about 20 minutes.

but i got a complete, fresh top end, so i can saw that one in half for all i care.