PDA

View Full Version : Custom 200x? Where to get parts?

slippy4
05-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Hi, i got my 200x about 2 or so years ago, and to be honest i beat the hell out of it! Now i am looking to do a complete resoraton, or close to it. So far i found a conversion kit to make it into a quad, and looking to buy a whole different motor. (mine i just put $500 worth of repairs last summer and it still leaks oil and just a big piece) anyway, whats some good performance parts for it? and where to get them? Any help would be nice, thanks

wanta250r
05-26-2003, 09:49 PM
the conversion kit is going to add a lot of extra weight. It will make a weak 200x even weaker. ?

slippy4
05-26-2003, 09:57 PM
well, right now it isnt weak, just lacks top end. i would really like alot better top end and if could some better acceleration.

ATCRYDER
05-26-2003, 10:06 PM
Step 1 would be to NOT buy the conversion kit.

slippy4
05-26-2003, 10:08 PM
too late, i already bought it off of ebay. :D or another option i was thinking of, is there a bigger engine, lets say 250 or 300 that i can bolt in there, or at least remotely bolt in?

ATCRYDER
05-26-2003, 10:14 PM
No there is not.

Promptly sell your conversion kit.

slippy4
05-26-2003, 10:38 PM
well either way, i still want some better top speed. and just selling my conversion kit isnt going to help when i dont even have it yet :-D

mudduck14843
05-26-2003, 10:59 PM
my 85 200x has a 2mm bigger piston kit (12:1 comp over 200psi!),
stainless steel valves,(so i can run alky) high performance clutch,and dg exhaust...
although i haven't fired it up yet (waiting on my head to get done).
i am expecting to be very happy with the results(all i have to do i hope it stay together!!!)
i found a site that i could figure top speed (on paper anyway)
i had to enter the comp. ratio,bore size, stroke length,octaine of fuel,initial gear ratio,final drive ratio,(both in the tranny)and the drive line gearing.
with stock gears (front and back sprockets) my top end should be around 85-86 mph!!!
I plan to change the front sprocket by 1 tooth and my rear by 3 or 4(can't recall now)
that should give me a little over 96 mph!!!

there are some guys on here that will never agree with this but i really don't know if i should either....I will find out soon (if my head ever gets done)

ATCRYDER
05-26-2003, 11:14 PM
I dont wanna rape this guys thread debating your top speed possiblities, Duckie but I really cant see that happening, due to this:

I had every possible mod done to my 87 200X, including that 12:1 high comp. overbore piston (mine was .020 over). I was running 22 inchers on the back, a 23.5 in the front. Stock Rear Sprocket (32), with a 14T front (1 higher for mroe top end) and acheived around 68-72mph. Thats close to 75 yet so far when you put it in perspective. Not to mention I had 6 gears, when youll have 5 on the straight-line drag. I ran 110 Octane in my X as well.

its certainly not impossible or improbable to get over 80 on a 200x, with the seriously right setup only though. However: Stock Gearing, Not a bit of chance. You'll get to your slightly-over stock speed faster but thatll be it.

Rob

mudduck14843
05-26-2003, 11:25 PM
I dont wanna rape this guys thread debating your top speed possiblities, Duckie but

lol
i did say on paper right?

slippy4
05-27-2003, 07:45 PM
yeah, thats the kind of things i was thinking of, where did you get all your parts from? any online stores?

mudduck14843
05-27-2003, 07:50 PM
i bought my piston kit from team factory racing in MI.$65
i had it bored at a local NAPA.$50
everything else came from my local dealer.

Yamaha_Rules69
05-27-2003, 09:25 PM
Isnt the stock 85' 200x front sprocket an 11 tooth? I heard that if you put a 14 tooth front sprocket on that it helps a LOT on top speed. A stock x would normaly go anywhere from 50-55mph, but the bigger front sprocket would make it go 65-70, maybe more! Anyone hear of this being done? Does it really work? Would you want to but a bigger or a smaller rear sprocket on to gain speed? I heard bigger hurts the excelleration badly, and actually goes slower.

slippy4
05-27-2003, 10:01 PM
yes, it does hurt the acceleration, but if your engine is beefed up enought it shouldnt matter too much. well, ill prob. order a weisco high comp. pison and get a better carb for more fuel flow and a sproket or so and see how that does. thanks for the help

mudduck14843
05-28-2003, 12:09 AM
stock is 13 tooth i believe on 85 200x
i'm saying this from memory so i might be wrong
i'll look in my book later.

slippy4
05-28-2003, 11:39 AM
yeah, it is a 13 tooth, how would i get a different sprocket to fit? i can get bigger sprokets but the mounting might not be the same. could i go to my local dealer and them have it or is there a different model that fits? same goes for the back

mudduck14843
05-28-2003, 12:29 PM
you can get anywhere from 10 or 11 tooth front sprockets an
like 30 up to 45 teeth on the rear
my local dealer can get most of them, but they have to order them
some internet sites have them a lot of companies still make them for the 200x.

slippy4
05-28-2003, 05:25 PM
alright, thanks, ill look into that

short4stuff
05-28-2003, 07:27 PM
Hi, i got my 200x about 2 or so years ago, and to be honest i beat the hell out of it! Now i am looking to do a complete resoraton, or close to it. So far i found a conversion kit to make it into a quad, and looking to buy a whole different motor. (mine i just put $500 worth of repairs last summer and it still leaks oil and just a big piece) anyway, whats some good performance parts for it? and where to get them? Any help would be nice, thanks

Where can I buy a conversion kit for a 225DR 3 wheeler? I looked on ebay, but can't find one any where. Please help.

mudduck14843
05-29-2003, 02:25 AM
you posted----->Where can I buy a conversion kit for a 225DR 3 wheeler? I looked on ebay, but can't find one any where. Please help

I replied ----> you don't want one!!! sell your 225 and buy a quad before you do that to it!better yet... keep it, buy a quad and ride it once see how much better the trike is keepriding the trike and let the quad collect dust!!!

KASEY
05-29-2003, 10:24 AM
yeah, it is a 13 tooth, how would i get a different sprocket to fit? i can get bigger sprokets but the mounting might not be the same. could i go to my local dealer and them have it or is there a different model that fits? same goes for the back

when i see statements like this ,it makes me wonder why you are tearing your engines apart at all ,, theres WAY more to building HP. in four strokes than just bolting parts on , i haven't heard a word about timing ,ignition ,cam timing, porting, the things that are real critical in building a motor properly i have seen 4 strokes that really rip .. if they are done right [/quote]looking to buy a whole different motor. (mine i just put $500 worth of repairs last summer and it still leaks oil and just a big piece) anyway,
looking to buy a whole different motor. (mine i just put $500 worth of repairs last summer and it still leaks oil and just a big piece) anyway, see i am just shaking my head,,,,,,,,,

slippy4
05-29-2003, 05:29 PM
well first off, i ripped it apart so i could fix a oil leak that was in case, never fixed it. so now im left with a crap engine, i know this should be in classifieds but anyone got a 200x motor with pref. aftermarket cam and valve job, and hopefully a high comp. pistion. i want to pay around 350 + shipping, so if you have one or know someone with one, LMK. if not all is done to it im flexable.

slippy4
05-29-2003, 05:30 PM
forgot to mention, ill even take a stock engine, but if its stock only want to pay around 120 or so.

mudduck14843
05-29-2003, 07:15 PM
well first off, i ripped it apart so i could fix a oil leak that was in case, never fixed it. so now im left with a crap engine, i know this should be in classifieds but anyone got a 200x motor with pref. aftermarket cam and valve job, and hopefully a high comp. pistion. i want to pay around 350 + shipping, so if you have one or know someone with one, LMK. if not all is done to it im flexable.

how far apart is your motor ?do you have any pic's of it?
i have a 2mm over bored 200x with stainless valves (over 200psi comp), high perf clutch and springs ,high performance head gasket.
the piston has been ran for about 2 hours (head was bad...it smoked)
everything else is new never ran!!!!(including rings!!!

i might beable to work out something with you pm me if interested...