PDA

View Full Version : 1980 ATC 110 runs like crap! HELP!

danpalms15
04-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Hi I just bought a 1980 ATC 110, when I got it it ran fine except sometimes when it was in gear it would stall, no big deal. Since it is so old I decided ill just put a carb rebuild kit in and so it can run even better. I put everything in the carb and now it runs terrible, it always idles high then low then shuts off and before I shift into another gear it sputters between 3/4 and full throttle not to mention bogs down all the time. theres always black deposits on the sparkplug so i knwo its a faulty fuel/air mixture I think:rolleyes: I'm pretty sure the main reason is the pilot screw. my manual says to turn it clockwise until it lightly seats then back it out 1 1/8 turns, but when it is like that it runs terrible or won't even run at all. I remember when the old pilot screw was in it was out way further then this one is which I think it was never messed with. So could anybody please help me make my trike run better?!:cool: Thanks Alot!! Any suggestions!?

SWIGIN
04-02-2008, 07:02 PM
new points and set them to the right specs might help

bigreddaddy
04-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Check your fuel flow. Clean air filter? Slowly adjust your pilot screw out about half a turn at a time and see how it runs.

danpalms15
04-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Fuel flow was fine, has a brand new UNI air filter , i tried adjusting the screw and no matter where it is it runs like crap i also adjusted the points and that didn't help either, any other suggestions?