PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Wheels=gonna Puke!

Tri-Z 250
04-30-2008, 05:01 PM
If I see one more $20,000 Quad or full on rebuild with every trinket item available on it with a STOCK seat I'm gonna PUKE! I'm sick to see someone spend that kind of money and leave the seat stock...LAME-O! I have seen 2 feature articals one an all white 400EX (no stickers) and the Ice Cube 530cc kit bike done by Ketchup. Dude could someone please inform this guy of Cosmic Quad. I am not leaving my seat in stock condition after a full resto. I might leave the foam original but it needs recovered at least. Am I alone here? I just feel if your gonna go custom then do the seat too!

SWIGIN
04-30-2008, 05:06 PM
um....if the seat is new and he likes it why do you care.

to build my quad new all over again it would be at least $20,000.....but they are all parts i need.

they arnt just buying parts for the sake of buying parts or they would of got a seat cover....you know?

Tri-Z 250
04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Did you see the Ice Cube Quad? I'm not spending $100 bones on anodized parts that already exsist on the machine ( timing cover or the clamps on the bar ). Yeah that no passenger tag on the back of the seat looks great. I couldn't agree more with you on the buy what works....These are dream machines with centerfold spreads in a world wide Mag. You can spend $2100 on the shocks $2500 on the motor and clutch and the rest of the machine totals 20g's. If your seat says please read the manual or no passengers after 20g's you are a LAME-O.

twgranger
05-02-2008, 06:49 AM
I think this thread is LAME-O.

Tri-Z 250
05-02-2008, 11:31 AM
:beer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Right back at ya!

Mosh
05-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I feel the same way.Not just because I do seats. If it were any other part that did not justify a 20,000 dollar quad,it dont belong on there.It is the same as putting bald tires on a bike with 4g's worth of shocks and suspension.if you can afford all that,why is a 75 dollar seat cover holding you back?

Putting a turd on a diamond.....Is about the best reference I can think of.

400exguy
05-02-2008, 12:41 PM
It can go either way and everyone has their own thoughts/opinions on this one. I personally think you should do the seat upgrade.

These specific quads that are being talked about (shown in magazines) are not only performance upgrades for $20,000. If you did all kinds of motor work, shocks, tires...just to make the quad perform better then no you don't do a seat upgrade. However, if your throwing on chrome parts, better looking plastics, graphics...just to make the quad look better then why not the seat?

These guys are doing both performance and look upgrades. You can say the same about people that throw on nice new plastics and graphics but have rusty as all heck parts under those plastics then whats the point of making the top half of the machine look good when you can easily see the rest?

SWIGIN
05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
yeah......shiny high dollar race parts on a crusty bike pisses me off more

RedRider_AK
05-02-2008, 04:17 PM
yeah......shiny high dollar race parts on a crusty bike pisses me off more

That's why I don't have any high-dollar race parts... Cause all my bikes are crusty as HELL.

OldSchoolin86
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
To a point I agree. For the average guy that does a backyard resto you really can't fault them for leaving a perfectly good seat but on a $20K showcase of advertisers products the seat should be changed. I ran my stock seat for a long time even though I had a completely different look going with different colored powdercoat and plastic but it was in great shape. Recently it was starting to rot so I got a killer seat cover from Hydro-Turf out of Cali and the new colors really tie everything together! I should have done it a long time ago but on the other hand, I didn't really need it.

03 ORANGE SHEE
05-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I think this thread is LAME-O.

aint you got a drive way to pave or something??
back to the topic, maybe thats what they wanted, i dont know

400exguy
05-05-2008, 10:05 AM
This topic just reminded me about all the kids that have ricers and put body kits on and do not have the money to repaint. Haha car has a "nice" body kit but its a differnt color then the rest of the car! In those points the kid really doesnt have the money to get the parts painted but a 20K bike, whats another 75 beans? I dont know i think it makes you say "wow that bike is awesome....wait wtf is that the stock seat cover??"