PDA

View Full Version : I blew it up..

Yamatrike400
09-04-2008, 08:01 PM
:( I blew up the R, First it started knocking, then seized. Well i opened it up and found it wasnt really seized, just chunks of aluminum stuck in between the piston and cyl. wall. The i took the cylinder off, to find a few large chunks of piston sitting there..and some smallerpieces lodged in the oil "holes". Intake side piston skirt blew out.I stopped it as soon as it started making noises so it didnt do too much damage. Cylinder wall is still in great shape..need a piston though.Any tips for getting the pieces out bbesides splitting the cases? I will get some pics up..i dont know when though.

SYKO
09-04-2008, 08:06 PM
take a water hose and shoot water in the case upside down for a few minutes.. then let dripp all out then spray a ass load of wd-40 pb blaster or any kind of oil penetrating or lucbricant to keep the crank from rusting up.

threewheelin-feelin
09-04-2008, 10:41 PM
what he said also change to your tranny fluid several times to get all the small stuff out;)

Yamatrike400
09-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Its a 2 stroke..and thanks syko :TrikesOwn

Saul
09-04-2008, 10:47 PM
That just plain sucks yamatrike! Hopefully you'll be up and running again soon man!

Yamatrike400
09-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Yah but i knew it would eventually come, i think its on the original piston..but then again i dont know how to tell. It could use a refreshing anyway. Plus i was being and idiot and going WOT in 1st gear on dirt..And what sucks worse is i cant afford a new piston right now..

Gag_Halfront
09-06-2008, 11:21 AM
I've used Kerosene to rinse out motors before. It's thin enough to slosh around and get chunks out but it's oil based so it doesn't tear stuff up.

Blown 331
09-06-2008, 11:37 AM
what he said also change to your tranny fluid several times to get all the small stuff out;)

Pieces of the piston can't get in the transmission unless you trash the cases and if thats the case changing the oil will do no good.

My 250R shattered a piston and I split the cases to clean it out. Pieces of the piston wedged between the crank and the engine cases and pushed them out which ruined both cases. I'd split it if I were you that or buy a used engine.

Yamatrike400
09-06-2008, 05:59 PM
My piston didnt totally shatter, and not much damage was done since i turned it off quick. I picked up a 200x front end for 30 bucks at Haydays, with spare forks, shrouds, switches, carb and some bolts,etc..There were alot of 200x's, i didnt realize how small them little buggers are.i passed up on some EX hubs which i am now regretting...i need to find i piston kit now..

SYKO
09-06-2008, 07:46 PM

WHAT?! the crankcase is seperate on a 2 stroke good buddy, no parts in the trans will be affected.:TrikesOwn

WaimakRydah
09-07-2008, 04:08 AM
Yah but i knew it would eventually come, i think its on the original piston.

Thats an extremely long time for a bike like that to be on its original piston. Hasnt it had alot of hours in its lifetime?

and youve always got your custom Yamaha trike atleast youve got one trike that goes.

Yamatrike400
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
The damage..
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r52/squirrellrancher/P7090213.jpg