PDA

View Full Version : My Collection

tcarey69
01-25-2009, 04:18 PM
This Time Last Year I Did Not Have A Single Trike..i Always Wanted A 350x Since I Was 16 Gazing At Them New On The Show Room Floor..fast Forward 22 Years. I 'm About Ready To Turn 40 And Decided It Was Now Or Never..found This 350x In Colorado Drove 14hrs To Get It. I Never Liked The 86 Colors So I Went With The 85 Scheme. Every Trike I Got Was Torn Down And Sandblasted, Every Bolt Polished And Worn Out Part Replaced. Moshman Is Making The Atc Seat For This As We Speak. The 200x Was The 2nd I Purchased(86 Is The Only Year I Like For All My Trikes). It Was Found Sitting On Top Of A Semi Trailer For The Last 6 Years. The Owner Put It Up There So No One Would Steal It. In The Mean Time It Rotted. My Next Post Will Be On The 70 And 250r.

tcarey69
01-25-2009, 04:26 PM
The 70 I Bought Off Ebay For Nothing In Kansas In March It Sat There Till July When I Came Back From Memphis And Picked It Up. In The Meantime I Bought The 250r In Kansas And Had It Delivered. The 70 Was Shot And It Was Totally Gone Through With Moshman Seat..the 250r Had Been Beat To A Pulp But Anything Is Possible....i Had The Swingarm Chromed In Gold And They Are Gonna Do The Same To The Rims When I Send Them In. I'm Waiting On A Taillight And Rubber Clutch Cover And It's Finished.

tcarey69
01-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Last But Not Least Is The 250sx..it Sat In A Field For Many Years And I Pulled It Out About A Month And Half Ago. I Replaced The Front End With A 200x Set Up. And Put A 350x Rear Shock On. I'm Waiting For The Seat Stencils Which Will Read "atc" And Harlan Is Making Custom Graphics For It That Will Be Exactly Like The 350x Package Only With The 250sx Insignia..

NINJA
01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Nice collection! I'm with you on the 86 preference, definitely a pinnacle year for Honda. That chromed in gold swingarm on that R is PIMP!

Dirtcrasher
01-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Nice stuff bud!! I'm headed towards that "40" mark myself :D

edog
01-25-2009, 04:40 PM
I Never Liked The 86 Colors So I Went With The 85 Scheme.

Good choice!!!!!!!!

Nice collection!!!

tcarey69
01-25-2009, 04:40 PM
My Next Project Im Lookin For Is A Tri-z If I Can Ever Find One! And Kawasaki Tecate Both 86's.

ATCeeya
01-25-2009, 04:44 PM
those are some beautys

edog
01-25-2009, 04:46 PM
My Next Project Im Lookin For Is A Tri-z If I Can Ever Find One! And Kawasaki Tecate Both 86's.

Most of my family live in Nebraska.

I hope you don't plan on riding them much? After all there aren't made by Honda ya know?!?!?!?!:lol: shens

SeaBass8
01-25-2009, 04:46 PM
You do nice work thats for sure.

Lookin good!

NINJA
01-25-2009, 04:49 PM

I know where all those are right in your town. At the Yamaha dealer:lol:
Yes, I know, he won't sell.

the great gazoo
01-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Very nice trikes! How does the SX feel with the 350X shock, and did it just bolt right up? It looks real cool sitting up high like that!

edog
01-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Very nice trikes! How does the SX feel with the 350X shock, and did it just bolt right up? It looks real cool sitting up high like that!

It maybe the 20" tires he has on it that make it look that way.

clutchcargo
01-25-2009, 05:02 PM

Addicting, isn't it?!:welcome:

tcarey69
01-25-2009, 05:12 PM
what part of nebraska edog? the guy that restored all of the trikes hanging in kearney yamaha was in my graduating class at kearney high. it's kinda of nice using them for reference., krny yamaha is about 3 blocks from where i work. on slow days at work i just work on projects..

tcarey69
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
hey ninja it pisses me off cause my tri-z is hanging in krny yamaha as we speak. i traded it in 90 for a 250r quad. he had it restored and it's been there ever since. the owner of krny yamaha is such a jerk..i bet ive spent 75k in the last 20 years and you can't even get a hello out of him.

edog
01-25-2009, 05:19 PM
what part of nebraska edog? the guy that restored all of the trikes hanging in kearney yamaha was in my graduating class at kearney high. it's kinda of nice using them for reference., krny yamaha is about 3 blocks from where i work. on slow days at work i just work on projects..

Omaha........

NINJA
01-25-2009, 05:34 PM
hey ninja it pisses me off cause my tri-z is hanging in krny yamaha as we speak. i traded it in 90 for a 250r quad. he had it restored and it's been there ever since. the owner of krny yamaha is such a jerk..i bet ive spent 75k in the last 20 years and you can't even get a hello out of him.

Yeah I used to always stop there on my way from WI to CO. I just couldn't help myself, all those sweet trikes hanging there. It's a shame that a dick owns them.

birddogg
01-25-2009, 10:37 PM

That's why I deal with smaller shops, they remember your name and appreciate your business. Not that the guys at the counter don't go out of their way to help you out. When the owner walks by and doesn't even make eye contact with you, no "hey, how you been?", or "can I help you out with anything?" really bothers me.

I understand that with a bike shop you'd see a lot of people come and go, or you have some people that are only out to bust your nuts, but when you see that same face, every weekend, over a 25yr span, you'd think that even the most socially retarded person might realize who butters their bread.

That is a killer collection BTW. I think we all wished we had the cash back the to put that together. I think we all respect what we have now because it wasn't ours back then. When I was fifteen, I would have beaten any one of those trikes into the ground, and never thought twice about it. It's not that I didn't understand that things cost money and require maintenance, I took care of that, I was just hard on equipment back then.

tcarey69
01-25-2009, 10:42 PM
one of my best friends worked 20 years for honda before krny yamaha bought them out now he has his own shop here in kearney with acres of parts that i use to put my stuff together, it works out great for fabrication and such. we are currently working on a suspension 70 that's gonna be very unique.

daniel_250r
01-25-2009, 10:55 PM
you have one of the nicest collections i have seen

birddogg
01-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Let me know when you do. I've been kicking that idea around for a while.

Those old A+ and PK ripper frames pull some serious coin on e-bay.

You could easily build something nicer and cheaper. There is a bit of a market for those. You wouldn't get rich, but you would sell one from time to time.

I tried to talk one of my friends into building them. He's an exceptional welder, I welded for a few years myself so I know the difference. His brother is a machinist, and his best friend builds stock cars. He has all the goods for bending up tubing and has a CNC plasma cutter that just sits idle most of the time.

I have 2 ATC70s in the garage that I've been sitting on for years. I'd like to build one up a bit. Build a little suicide machine. I usually sucker some hard-core Harley guy into taking my CRF50 for a ride, then laugh my ass off when it bucks them off in the front yard. I'd like to build an ATC70 that's capable of the same results.

Daddio
01-26-2009, 12:03 AM
That is one sweet collection you've amassed in one year. Which one is your favorite so far? It's good to see another person saving these machines from the elements and returning them to their original glory. You should start making plans for Trikefest 09. You definitely have some nice machines to bring along.

brapp
01-26-2009, 09:05 AM
yeah nice colection and glad to se esoem more that are beign taken car eof and returned to thier former glory!

atctim
01-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Nice work - I see a theme with the red fenders - white tank - and blue seat - LOL

Super nice trikes bud!

userj8670
01-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I am jealous!

rdlsz24
01-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Very nice collection! So this is your old Tri-Z?

http://3wheelerworld.com/remotepictures/KearneyYamaha260.jpg

Rob

tcarey69
01-26-2009, 03:10 PM
yeah rub it in that is my old tri-z..everytime i go in there it makes me sick....and my favorite is definately the 250r..however the yellow/black triz i'm lookin for would give it some competition.."ANYONE HAVE ONE??"

brapp
01-26-2009, 04:12 PM
just got one for next to nothing coming.lol

aaron7
01-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Awesome... wish I had your skills!