//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 4130 Chromoly Frame ATC250R

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --

4130 Chromoly Frame ATC250R

Not mine and I have no affiliation with the builder/seller of these frames. I am also not on the social media website I affectionately call "Faceplant" which apparently this was from.

"Dave Moore Facebook" account has details, maybe one of you with an account can dig and get details. Seems the frame runs $700 and is fully compatible with ATC250R OEM parts and allows for big bores, in frame pipes etc and is 13.5 lbs lighter than OEM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 35cjubt.jpg   5n4wah.jpg  

--
    Nice fab work, but I don't know, it just looks a little flimsy to me.
    Red Rider's Sand Machine Updated 07/23/14

--
    Barbed wire and field background makes for a cool pic. Nice looking frame!

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Nice fab work, but I don't know, it just looks a little flimsy to me.
    I was thinking it looked stronger that a brick house They make helicopters and Top Fuel dragsters out of that tube.
    It sucks to get old

--
    Very intrigued

--
    Its a tuff looking frame.

--
    I just had Dave to some work for me but other than that I don't know him personally....all I can say is VERY professional, easy, straight up guy to deal with. He told me about these frames and said they were an idea about 12 yrs in the making!
    86 350X ::: 85 250R

Projects
    350x

Come and Gone
    86 350x : 84 250r X2
    85 350x X2 : 84 200es X3
    83 200e : 78 ATC90

--
    whats the price tag on one of these?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    whats the price tag on one of these?
    The information I got from TRX250r.net stated $700 bucs.

--
    the thing i noticed was not all the spots were weld re-enforced. meaning that there were areas they did a spot welding style and left gaps where the pieces came together rather than a full length weld across the entire connection point. in my books for strength you have to have that weld complete. i have seen many times in all types of frames (atv, trike, cars) where partial welds cracked under stress over time and they would not have had the fab shop finished the welding. So for anyone getting one. FINISH the welding up is important for stability and strength.

rest looks awesome and very well put together. that was the only think i could see. once would think, they would offer up some minor tweaks like taller frame or slightly longer if preferred.

Nearly every kind of Honda ATC (plus some custom ones
    several Yami Quads (mostly custom built for MX racing)

https://www.mikesatvfix.com

"Freedom is not free...but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share."

--
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    the thing i noticed was not all the spots were weld re-enforced. meaning that there were areas they did a spot welding style and left gaps where the pieces came together rather than a full length weld across the entire connection point. in my books for strength you have to have that weld complete. i have seen many times in all types of frames (atv, trike, cars) where partial welds cracked under stress over time and they would not have had the fab shop finished the welding. So for anyone getting one. FINISH the welding up is important for stability and strength.

rest looks awesome and very well put together. that was the only think i could see. once would think, they would offer up some minor tweaks like taller frame or slightly longer if preferred.
    <-------------Taken from TRX250r.net------------>

***Taken from Dave Moore's Facebook post***

"Well it only took me 20 years to get around to this project but here it is. ATC 250r (85-86) chassis made from 4130 with high profile removable and adjustable subframe, with increased room for spark plug when using large aftermarket cylinder, and increased room for large carb and air filter. Fits stock radiators, fuel tank, rear plastic, and seat. Will fit in frame pipe, stock foot pegs, and rear brake lever. Can be set up to take Pro-Link rear suspension or the Inter-Link suspension I designed for the Bullet Chassis. The jig I built will allow me to add or delete different parts so I can custom fit the chassis to different applications. As pictured, it weighs 13.5 lbs less than stock. I want to thank Nic McMillin, Kaysen McMillin for letting me use his chassis to mock up the jig. It's awesome that I already have orders for 3 of them. I will say this, even if I only just built this one, it was amazing putting my brain back to work to see what I could come up with. Thanks 250R people for keeping the R world alive and racing!"

"Dave has said he can make adjustments such as adding an additional rear motor mount bar so that you can run the 88/89 TRX250R swingarm, different footpeg mount options, etc"

I took a quick look at his website and he offers swingarms for 250rs' His work looks top notch for sure and again I have no affiliation with this builder, I just personally think this is very cool.

--
    I would really like to see that frame neck welded completely. Other than that it looks awesome!
    Suicide Hill Survivor

The rides:
    1981 ATC110
    1982 ATC185
    1983 ATC185s
    1984 ATC200es
    1985 ATC200x

When the going gets tough, the tough get sideways

sanchez is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    Is it stronger up in the steering neck for the invert front fork upgrade, u know the places the Honda frames crack
    This is not a knock to the stitch welding (code calls for stitching like that) but at 13 lb lighter
    IS IT STRONGER IN THE RIGHT PLACES

I want one but I wana see a big guy thrash on one to see if it is "BETTER"
    Appearing since '07

Looking for a place to happen...
    Making stops, along the way

--
    Hard to believe it can sell for only $700. A good drag bike swing-arm (solid mounted on struts, no bearings) sells for more than that today: http://www.pmfronline.com/chassis_components2.php I would have figured at least 2 large for that frame.
    It sucks to get old

Billy Golightly is offline Always finding new and exciting ways to not give a hoot in hell Catch me if you can
    --
    Blog Entries
    yeah I thought it was dirt cheap also - I've got to admit, looking at it, there is A LOT of time saving and easier ways to do things from the OEM frame that hes done here (which isn't a bad thing!) That helps contribute to that I'm sure, but I sure has heck wouldn't try to build one for $700. Not even $1400...

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //