//ArrowChat Code

Thread: 200x piston in a 200m?

--

Question 200x piston in a 200m?

My 84 200m needs a top end rebuild and i figured this time around i want to do the engine to have a noticeable power increase, ive heard about wiseco pistons but i dont ant to run premium gas so i figured if i went with a 200x piston that would bump up the compression quite a bit and as far as i know the 83-85 models have the same bore and the piston should work fine, has anybody else done this ?
    also what other things could i do to accomadate this like cams or carbs ?

--
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronokeefe6 View Post
    My 84 200m needs a top end rebuild and i figured this time around i want to do the engine to have a noticeable power increase, ive heard about wiseco pistons but i dont ant to run premium gas so i figured if i went with a 200x piston that would bump up the compression quite a bit and as far as i know the 83-85 models have the same bore and the piston should work fine, has anybody else done this ?
    also what other things could i do to accomadate this like cams or carbs ?
    So you’re willing to spend close to $1,000 bucks in parts for a 200M that if you’re lucky will make 3% more power after all the mods, but you don’t want to pay for premium fuel?
    It sucks to get old

--
    piston cost 150 dollars and i already have new gaskets

--
    I can’t tell you if a 200x piston fits your engine, but if it does and it adds compression you’ll end up with a similar result as you would by using an aftermarket piston with a taller dome.

Will you “need” to use premium fuel? Probably not providing its fresh, but most people would/do in small engines.

Cams and “good” carbs cost money, as do bearings, cylinder boring, connecting rods, cam chains, valves, guides and whatever else a proper rebuild and the modifications you mentioned entail. Properly done you’ll pass the $1,000CND mark long before your trike makes noise and you’ll likely need need to feed it premium fuel. And after all that and some additional expenses for jets you might be able to tune your trike to be slightly more powerful that it would have been if you just honed it out and put new rings on your old piston, lapped your valves and kept running 87 octane fuel.

It’s your trike and your money, so do as you wish, but don’t expect much more that headaches and disappointment if you decide to modify that engine with the intent of a “noticeable power increase” on regular fuel and a budget of less than a grand.
    It sucks to get old

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //