//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Bad news: Sudco is closing...

--

Bad news: Sudco is closing...

In case you didn't know, in a couple more weeks Sudco is closing their doors.

In the past, if you needed a special sized o-ring, a different cut on your throttle slide, a different taper on your needle, floats, or any jet size, Sudco had your back.

I assume it's because people are buying China jets, or maybe the entire sport isn't growing anymore and it's not worth their expenses.

Regardless, I hate to see it happen; another one bites the dust.

Fortunately I have about 500 jets, as well asgaskets, needles and o-rings. I got them from a couple different closed dealers, glad I grabbed them.

You can't count on the China jets being the proper size, and sometimes a pilot jet from a 38 to a 40 is a very important size difference. Not will they carry the rare parts that fine tuned our machines.

What can we do, the whole world is changing fast, for the worse, nothing we say matters. The Globalist oligarchs are in charge of our destiny....
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Thanks for the news.

It's been a minute since I've bought from them, but when I'm looking for something powersports carb related, their site is one I check.

There's still several quads and bikes out there with carbs, but typically only the entry level or budget priced models. Everything else is FI, from 50cc on up. We've been lucky as many parts have been available to this point.

Unless a large number of people start doing carb swaps on their riding mowers, most of the market for new and performance carbs has probably become too small to support a large business. People have also become extremely cheap, and not educated enough to understand that paying for quality often cost less.

There's too many people out there with low incomes that maintain poor financial habits and materialistic mindsets. That's where companies like Amazon rake in the dough.

I remember some talk about Holley phasing out carb production in the coming years to focus on the electronic systems and Edelbrock picked up their 4150 and improved it, or at least made it their own. The price of any of those carbs is past the half-way mark for a basic throttle body setup and any vehicle running either still needs a strong, regulated, and consistent fuel system setup. Adjusting electronics takes less skill and parts than a quality performance carb, with so many adjustments possible and no factory-reset button if it's all out of whack.
    The story of three wheels and a man...

--
    I can’t help but wonder if EPA regulations don’t have something to do with this.
    It sucks to get old

--
    I think it's because people are just buying junk aftermarket carbs and getting things to run and being satisfied with just that.

Why buy a genuine jet when you can get an assortment of junk for the same cost??

They were great for items I couldn't find anywhere else, I have a good stash but I'll need more.
    All our government does is distract us while they steal from us, misspend our tax $ and ruin our country

--
    Everything is going EFI , yes phased out , the market has changed
    78 atc 90/180cc Dickson Full Suspension
    76 ATC90/180cc Nicholson
    77 atc 90 Dickson Full Suspension
    84 KLT 110/123cc Powroll Racer from 80s
    87 atc 125m stock
    84 atc 200x Curtis Sparks
    84 atc 200x Powroll My race bike from 80's
    83 atc70/108cc Powroll blue Xmas Special
    81 atc185s HP-ATC full suspension

Performance Shop is Open PM me for Service