//ArrowChat Code
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to see what all the Tecate hype is about?

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by bkm View Post
    So no pro rider would touch a Tecate for baja? Tells you pretty much everything you need to know.
    ummm....OR maybe the reason no PRO riders rode "The TECATE....The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe" in the Baja 1000 was because they all heard about Team Honda cheating there too when their frame broke on their race bike during the race so they switched it for their practice bike and got caught by accident and the PRO Kawi riders figured that unlike the Loretta Lynn race, it was too easy for Honda to cheat in the Baja race and simply didn't want to bother.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
    AND OWNER OF A TRI Z THAT ACTUALLY HAS A REAR SHOCK ON IT

--
    Whatever you have to tell yourself to help you sleep at night barn.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

--
    Quote Originally Posted by barnett468 View Post

ummm....OR maybe the reason no PRO riders rode "The TECATE....The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe" in the Baja 1000 was because they all heard about Team Honda cheating there too when their frame broke on their race bike during the race so they switched it for their practice bike and got caught by accident and the PRO Kawi riders figured that unlike the Loretta Lynn race, it was too easy for Honda to cheat in the Baja race and simply didn't want to bother.

PREVIOUS KAWASAKI INTERNATIONAL R & D PROJECT ENGINEER AND ATV DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
    If anyone is looking to paint their Tecate, the DuPont code is "Envy Green 468"
    It sucks to get old

--

But yet they bothered with tt/mx/short track races, just not an endurance race that would expose every flaw that passed through the R&D department? I guess when a corporation trys to save money by hiring the cheapest R&D they can find, it's best not to push your luck on a grueling race like Baja and leave that to the real machines like "The 250r......the toughest 3 wheeler on the planet!"

--
    .Yes, the van that Team Honda loaded Marty Harts bike into at the National at Loretta Lynns so they could drive him and his bike past everyone on the track and drop him off in front of race winner Donnie Luce
    Too bad Kawasaki lent the company van to you that weekend. They may have had a chance if it was available that day.
    It sucks to get old

barnett468 is offline FACT ! I have no edit button Arm chair racerThe day begins with 3WW
    --
    But yet they bothered with tt/mx/short track races, just not an endurance race that would expose every flaw that passed through the R&D department? I guess when a corporation trys to save money by hiring the cheapest R&D they can find, it's best not to push your luck on a grueling race like Baja and leave that to the real machines like "The 250r......the toughest 3 wheeler on the planet!"

Perhaps someone could explain to him what my comments in quotations below mean.

As far as the suggestion that Kawi only participated in much shorter races where it was much harder for Honda to cheat and because it might expose every flaw that passed through Kawi's R & D department, as far as I remember, there were ZERO DNF's from mechanical failures on "The TECATE...The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Universe!" factory sponsored bikes and there was definitely ZERO on mine . In FACT, the bike that I raced the entire time was one of the pre production bikes we used for endurance testing which had over 250 hours of mostly wide open throttle testing on it when I started racing it and I used the same unmodified frame and trans and engine bearings and axle bearings and steering head bearings and rear axle and hubs and swing arm etc, etc, when I beat over 40 other riders including Jimmy White and the factory Honda riders and their bazillion dollar works Hondas to win the last PRO short track race ever held at Saddleback park after racing short track around only 5 times before that . Since he considers that unreliable, I will take an "unreliable" TECATE over a "reliable" Honda any day of the week...and twice on Sunday's.

"The 250r......the toughest 3 wheeler on the planet!"
    ...and his creativity is so limited that he has to use a slightly modified version of a TECATE slogan I made up because he can't think of one on his own that is unique.

--
    You're drunk, go home.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by El Camexican View Post
    Too bad Kawasaki lent the company van to you that weekend. They may have had a chance if it was available that day.
    ummm...obviously el camexican doesn't understand that it was a 3 wheeler race and not a van race so the Honda van with Marty Harts bike in the back was disqualified which is why Donnie Luce won it on "The TECATE....The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Unvierse!".

--

ummm...obviously el camexican doesn't understand that it was a 3 wheeler race and not a van race so the Honda van with Marty Harts bike in the back was disqualified which is why Donnie Luce won it on "The TECATE....The Most Powerful 3 Wheeler In The Unvierse!".

Easy there Barns, put your head between your knees and take a few deep breath's, it'll be OK.

I was just having a little fun referring to the post that Mickey Dunlop put up about you a few years ago when you told him to contact one of your old buddies at Kawasaki to verify your claims about being a pro racer and all.

Remember that one? Where the guy told Mickey that he remembered you and that sometimes they would let you take company van out weekends, but that you weren't sponsored by them and we all had a good laugh?

Lighten up, it's just van talk, it's not like anyone has contracted a vanaerial disease from reading it.
    It sucks to get old

tripledog is offline I could be geriatricdog... at my age Got the holeshot
    --
    You're drunk, go home.

If only I had a nickel for every time I've heard that...

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Nico that was most likely the best post I've ever seen on this forum.
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--
    Another Tecate thread down the drain.
    nstyle73

"When in doubt, wind it out"

Feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-nstyle73

--
    Quote Originally Posted by fabiodriven View Post
    Nico that was most likely the best post I've ever seen on this forum.
    Thank you John, that means a lot coming from you. However some months ago the post below was brought to my attention. I'd forgotten all about it, but I think it's a pretty good one as well, but let's face it, our buddy Barns makes it easy.

So, speaking of "down the drain"

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...her-won-t-wash

If anyone cares, I like Tecates, the 86 & 87 in particular. Just couldn't find anything that wasn't trashed and overpriced when I went trike shopping.
    Last edited by El Camexican; 01-24-2017 at 11:59 PM.
    It sucks to get old

fabiodriven is offline Aspiring romance novel cover model, and the Official 3WW slayer of thieves and swindlers. Catch me if you can
    --
    Quote Originally Posted by nstyle73 View Post
    Another Tecate thread down the drain.
    You have got to be kidding! This is great!
    85 Tri-Zinger 60
    85 ATC250SX
    86 ATC250SX
    87 ATC250SX
    02 XR650L conversion
    84 ATC 480R

--

You mean the Tri Z?

No, the tri-z, pronounced "tries" is a perfect name that the genious marketing department chose, implying "tries and tries again". Just like the cute little 250r that couldnt. "I know i can't win, i know i can't win".
    ATC" ( at track can't ).

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //