PDA

View Full Version : clutch adjustment ?

skiffy
10-28-2009, 10:22 PM
I was / am looking to make a high performance clutch kit on the 250es that will allow the engine to rev a little higher before it engages allowing my 27 inch zillas to get spinning a bit better in the mud.

I can adjust the clutch to where I can lift up on the shifter from nuetral and hold it there while I rev the motor and then let the shifter go into first gear allowing the tireas to spin. Sort of like popping the clutch.

What is ya'lls opinion of doing this?

Keep in mind I have a high comp piston and cam.

85Tecate
10-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Thats how the clutch should work. You should be able to hold it up or down in either direction and it will act as if its in neutral. If not, something is sticky.

skiffy
10-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Mine lurches a bit and was adjusted like thart when I got it.

I will adjust it the correct way then. So do you think that is to hard on the clutch to 'pop' the gears then? If not then I can get away with out the "clutch kit" I was going to make

WIkid500
10-28-2009, 11:04 PM
It's not hard on it as long as it's in gear before you step on the clutch and rev it up. I have ridden my ytm-200 like this for the last 4 years. Ride it this way and just keep it adjusted. If anything it's no different then running a hand clutch the same way, it's just a little finer to master when you have mud covered boots on.

85Tecate
10-28-2009, 11:11 PM
Nah i find it fun sometimes to use it as a handclutch also. Just very slowly let out in it while you give it a bit of gas. Its touchy, but kind of mimmicks a manual clutch in a way. Ive never hurt one doing it.