PDA

View Full Version : 70 tires not holding air?

oneroom42
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
i recently picked up a set of the polished wheels on ebay and put new tires on the factory wheels as backups. the backup set (all 3) are not holding air. ive never had this problem after changing tires several times. after spraying with soapy water all 3 leaks are coming from where the 2 rim halfs meet. i cleaned the rims with a wire brush and inspected the O rings as they looked in good condition. i also put some rtv grey gasket sealer to hold the O ring in place and add an extra air tight seal. could these be leaking cause they are not on the atc70? im thinking that if they were on the 70 it would be 3 more bolts holding the rims together making a total of 6, were as there are only 3 bolts holding the rims together. does this make sense??

350XJEDI
01-10-2011, 09:40 PM
GET A EXTRA SET OF HUBS then they will have 6 bolts ,that may solve your problem plus makes tire changes faster one nut and cotter pin . good luck

Yamaha_Rules69
01-10-2011, 09:41 PM
I would put tubes in them and call it a day.

350XJEDI
01-10-2011, 09:47 PM
i would slime the #### out of them befoe resorting to tubes ,had tube problem ,the rim rips the valvestem off unless running max pressure ,

CRAZY70MAN
01-11-2011, 06:50 AM
i recently picked up a set of the polished wheels on ebay and put new tires on the factory wheels as backups. the backup set (all 3) are not holding air. ive never had this problem after changing tires several times. after spraying with soapy water all 3 leaks are coming from where the 2 rim halfs meet. i cleaned the rims with a wire brush and inspected the O rings as they looked in good condition. i also put some rtv grey gasket sealer to hold the O ring in place and add an extra air tight seal. could these be leaking cause they are not on the atc70? im thinking that if they were on the 70 it would be 3 more bolts holding the rims together making a total of 6, were as there are only 3 bolts holding the rims together. does this make sense?? Yes they will leak if the 3 other studs are not pulling them together. You should have put new o-rings in....they may have a flat spot and will leak regardless. Try mounting them on the bike first, tighten evenly before you go further.:cool: Use a power wire wheel on a angle grinder if you can....the rims have to be very very clean in the groove area.