//ArrowChat Code
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 IMPERIAL INVASION date is set

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --

2015 IMPERIAL INVASION date is set

the official DATE of the imperial invasion has been set ,, MARCH 2 to the 8th, we have had great response so far and would hope more will join in. if you are planning on coming chime in on your plans,, we have some haulers looking to fill spots on the trailers coming out so lets hear it,,,,,

--
    Plan to be there again this year and not leave early......

"HJ"
    ’84 YT60
    ’85 350x (423cc) with ’81 XL500 head conversion
    ’83 XR500 (628cc) converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’73 CB750 K3 converted 3 Wheel hybrid
    ’86 TRX250R chassis XR650L engine hybrid
    ’89 TRX250R (stock )
    ’90 LT500 Quadzilla
    ’85 FL350 Odysses ( water cooled head )
    Lost (sold) but not forgotten ’80 ATC 110 (205cc on alcohol ) ’83 200x ( 222cc ) ’83 200x ( 185s eng ) ’85 350x ( stock )
    added to the collection recently, (2) '70 US90 Aquarius Blue and '74 ATC90 Daytona Orange

--
    Ill be there!!! We have two to three empty trailer spots. Leaving from ontario canada if anyone wants in pm me.

I can't friggin wait. My first time out there!!!!
    RPFLU member and co-owner.
    Hardtails is all we do.
    #NOLINK
    #MAKEHARDTAILSGREATAGAIN
    #SUSPENDTHIS

--
    I missed out last year for the races instead and bad timing with work. This year I want to hit the big dunes. Getting too old for racing

My girl is nated - so she could stop everything if any issues, but planning on it so far. Will be coming down from San Francisco.

Lets do this....
    '86 Tecate
    '85 ATC 250R
    '85 Tri-Z
    '87 ATC 200x
    '85 ATC 250R - Rider
    '86 Tecate - Rider

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --
    I assume this is going to be at Gordons Well or Gordon Wells, dune buggy flats as in the past. Be aware that they have opened up the closures north of Patton Valley but at the expense of the some of the good riding at Mother G.

I would read this thread about duners who have seen the closures during a recent trip. http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/...owtopic=314073

New map

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	isdra_map.pdf 
Views:	169 
Size:	755.2 KB 
ID:	203759

Old map next to new map

Name:	BLM-Glamis-Closure.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	203760

You can also get a free APP for you phone search for Avenza PDF maps app, then search for "BLM - Imperial Sand Dune Rec Area".
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 10-29-2014 at 03:42 PM.

KASEY is offline weee weeee weeeeeeeeeee ! ! ! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    WE WILL BE MAKING SEVERAL TRIPS OUT THERE LONG BEFORE THE INVASION,, it doesn't look good for gordons right now,, not having access back to camp via the sand hiway is going to suck,, and all the fingers look like its going to be very confusing to say the least,,, BUT we will have it all figured out by then.

--
    Missouri crew checking in, we will be there! Trailer spots seem to be filling up nicely, may still have some space if anyone in the Midwest here is interested in joining.
    My feedback: http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthr...k-for-ATC-Eric

Survivor! TF: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13 Sandpuppies: 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 16, 17, 18 Imperial Invasion 09, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20

Everything Big Bore on FaceBook

--
    planning to be there this year. Already talking to people making plans and prep'ing machines!
    TrikeFest 07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14 SandPuppie's Ride 07,08,09 Imperial Invasion 09, 13

Mosh is offline I'm the one with all the 2 stroke around here! The day begins with 3WW
    --
    I took a few minutes to skim the articles on this topic.

Now me...being very confident in the decision making of our beaurocrats, thatdo things in the best intrest of the freedoms of the people of this great nation, ......notice the heavy sarcasm there...

I Have come to thsi thoeretical conclusion.
    By closing most of sand highway, they are probably cutting down on high speed accidents and curbing a easy path to possibly transport undesirebales..like immigrants or drugs.
    Also by forcing folks to learn new routes around poorly marked closures cant possibly be a neat little way to collect some easy fine money from confused riders...nah..no policy makers ever have more revenues on the mind..

Also maybe it benefits the BLM in the amount of man power it takes to patrol the original Gordans before the closures...see above

Lastly..what better way to keep and eye on all of you by forcing many riders to sort of coral themselves into a more central location. ..that way you dont have to search for the sheep out on the fringes of the pasture. ..

That is my take on it. I am sure it is not a slide of hand thing by the policy makers saying hey look over here...why they gain an edge behind your turned back..nah..never
    Here is where my long useless list of stuff nobody cares about should go...

Proudly NOT a member of

"Team on the Teat"

--
    Pennsylvania crew checking in!
    Party of 6 arriving in Vega$ early Sunday AM (March 1).
    We'll play there for 2 days before driving to Gordon Wells - assuming that is still our destination.
    Our plan is to ride Tuesday - Friday, and fly out of San Diego on Saturday AM.

These closures are very troublesome to me. But trikers are a resilient bunch, if nothing else.
    We will abide...... as we always do.

--
    Ny checking in. No definite plans yet but I will be there even if I fly in with nothing but a rucksack and a helmet and have to ride one of Sanchez's death traps.

--
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    I assume this is going to be at Gordons Well or Gordon Wells, dune buggy flats as in the past. Be aware that they have opened up the closures north of Patton Valley but at the expense of the some of the good riding at Mother G.

I would read this thread about duners who have seen the closures during a recent trip. http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/...owtopic=314073

New map

Name:	isdra_map.pdf 
Views:	169 
Size:	755.2 KB 
ID:	203759

Old map next to new map

Name:	BLM-Glamis-Closure.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	203760

You can also get a free APP for you phone search for Avenza PDF maps app, then search for "BLM - Imperial Sand Dune Rec Area".

ODFW is doing the same bullcrap in the Oregon dunes... Sucks big time but we all all fighting it and signing petitions and going to the meetings so hopefully that might make a difference...
    1985 250r-LED Performance 4mm Stroker motor
    1978 ATC70 w/ Piranha 140cc
    1972 - K1 - CT70 w/lifan 125cc
    2017 YZ 250x- Braap

Youtube channel = http://www.youtube.com/user/ter5678/videos

--
    How are people from the East getting their trikes out there? I've looked into it and can't figure out an easy and cost-effective way. What exactly is the Imperial Invasion anyways?
    Ragin' full on...

Surprise AZ. In the garage working on trikes.
    --

--

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Caminofeld View Post
    How are people from the East getting their trikes out there? I've looked into it and can't figure out an easy and cost-effective way. What exactly is the Imperial Invasion anyways?
    Most of the guys who come out from the east coast car pool & caravan out to the Imperial Sand Dunes. While a few fly out, while friends/family haul out the 3 Wheelers. The Imperial Invasion is a yearly gathering of the 3 Wheeled riding community that meet up to camp, ride and enjoy each others company for a week each year = GREAT TIMES WITH GREAT PEOPLE!

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //