//ArrowChat Code

Thread: Picked up a Heald Hauler Trike!

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --

Smile Picked up a Heald Hauler Trike!

Last month I was browsing Craigslist and spotted an ad for a Heald Hauler. The guy was super nice in holding it for about 4 weeks until I got home from driving. We worked out a deal to trade one of my 84 Honda BigRed 200ES for it. So I made the 6hr round trip to pick it up and am just super excited with the deal. See I picked up this Heald Hauler for my Dad who is 75 years old now and can't lift his legs up over an ATC/ATV anymore without difficulty. Now he can just step into it, turn the key the twist the throttle and cruise. So now he has a ride again to get him back outside and he can even haul his gardening tools and things around in the dump box. It runs great with an electric start 18hp Briggs & Stratton motor, forward and reverse. I look forward to getting into it more and fixing the few odds and ends it needs yet. The BigRed I traded for it was in great condition other then the pesky front forks being stuck as they all seem to be. I don't know if it was an even up trade or not, but to see my dad happy and putting around the yard again is priceless.

If the guy in Fulton NY is reading this, I know you said you weren't a member of the site.... but Thanks Again so much!

--
    The smile on a loved one's face truly is priceless. Your father having his mobility again is worth more to him than any superficial monetary amount....

Congrats on the new deal!
    "I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience." -Patrick Henry

NEW ENGLAND ATC owners please join!:http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.php?groupid=27

toki is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerFirst time rider
    --
    ^agreed!

and that thing is cool!

--
    I saw it on CL.. I wish I had known someone was driving this way to get it, I live 10 mins away. You could have stopped here for a small before your return trip...
    Cool purchase, good luck w the new ride!

MIK6/ Mike
    Last edited by MIK6; 06-13-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    TECATE RIDER, HASPIN SURVIVOR!!
    Trikefest 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and beyond
    RAFFAs Ice-fest 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15
    Pensyltucky 09, 12, 13, 14, 15
    New England Ride 4/13

TrickShot is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Thanks guys. Some things I want to do yet is hookup the headlight, relocate the key switch, choke up to the handle bar area, and make the forward/reverse lever easier to access rather then between the legs. I rode it around and it hauls pretty good. I need to get a new belt too, it looks like the original belt with Heald name stamped on it and part number. Over all its in good condition.

Worden18 is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    Very cool. I hope your Dad has a lot of fun with it. Sounds like a good trade
    My Trikes:

1983 Honda 185s
    1986 Honda 250es Big Red
    1985 Yamaha 225 DX
    1984 Yamaha 200EL "Yamahauler"

--
    Get some pics of Dad enjoying his new ride for us!!
    Current toys..
    1986 Honda 350X..trail bomb!
    1985 Honda 250SX..my main mudder
    1985 Honda 250ES..Back in Black Trike
    Current non-trike toys:
    1990 Honda TRX300FW
    1995 Seadoo GTX
    1998 Polaris Indy Lite 340(Nearly new looking)
    1998 Polaris Touring 500
    1998 Club Car (electric)

Larry T Moore is offline At The Back Of The Pack Arm chair racerAt the back of the pack
    --
    thats awesome...I remember when those were on every farm...had a friend flip one on a gravel road and broke his nose back when we was in high school....but glad your Dad enjoying it!!

--
    Thats sweet! I saw one of those once upon a time, i was so close to buying it, but it was a basket case compared to yours.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    1984 Honda ATC200ES "Big Red"
    1982 ATC200E "Hondie"
    1988 TRX300FW "Project Quad" Still in progress....

--
    Well some time has passed my Dad used it for awhile, but he just can't get out much any more and this Hauler has been just sitting around last couple years. So have been pawing over idea to selling or trading it off. I don't have a price really in mind nor know it's value. Likely to need a battery, a couple tires, which I have and can go with it. What's your opinions on a good price for it?

//ArrowChat Integreation Code //